The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G BC 280 Cams ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1twistdtalon

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Gregory, South_Dakota
I have found a few threads that were pretty old on the BC280 cams , I am curious if anyone is running them now and how they feel about them? I havea chance to trade my hks 264/272 cams for a set of bc280's. My profile isn't updated because it won't let me update it so here is a current mods list for my car/build

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was running bc280 cams in my last build and I have zero complaints about them. My opinion is that too many people fuel the stereo type that BC is garbage and no power can be made on them. So anyone that wants to make some real power just goes with something more expensive ie. Kelford, gsc, fp, etc.
The 280 cams helped me top out my turbo with out being degreed (tuner didn't want to adjust them). I'm not saying their aren't better cams that can perform better, but for the price, can't beat them IMHO.
My car made 700+whp @ 46 psi on a mustang dyno with a 6262. And these cams can't make power :rolleyes:
I think these cams would work well for your setup and help open up the top end.

I'm glad to see a few guys that like them. It seems like most of the reviews are from a few years back so I was not sure if it was something that bc had problems with and fixed it or if it was just the users not liking the cams.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back