The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Balance Shaft Eliminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGST90

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2010
Houston, Texas
Ok, Should I get a Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit or not worth it? If I should, are they hard to install and what all should the kit come with. Because im rebuilding my motor already and heard here and there about the kit, just need to know is it worth it for people rebuilding? Thanks

If youre rebuilding , go with the BSE. I am. That is one less thing to worry about that could cause major engine damage. The kit should have a stub shaft, BS bearings/block offs and cap for the front plate.

Ya i say you should do it.. It will cause more vibration especially if you have polyurethane motor mounts but its kinda relaxing LOL.. Makes you feel like your riding in something with a way bigger motor.. It also is one less thing to worry about seizing up and taking out your motor and one less belt to worry about snapping and taking the timing belt with it.. Which in turn means no more motor LOL.. Its not that hard i did my BSE when i had the motor out just take your time and do it right and yours good..

I kept my Balance shafts, After years of fighting oil leaks and porting this and porting that to keep the oil pressure under 100+ psi, I'm done with that BS. Buying Kevlar belts and changing them every year has keep my motors alive and leak free.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back