The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

bad2g6bolt's Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys its been awhile. Thought I would post up some of the things I have been doing. My old dash has some blemishes on it, so I bought a new one. I stripped the new dash down pulling all the wiring out and the vent tubing. While it was out I stripped the firewall of the sound deadening material. Pulled out blower motor and heater core. Also the with the rear brake kit i'm buying I cant run a stock e-brake assembly, so I pulled the handle out the two cables and the drum plates/dust shield.

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

what paint did you use for the "brush" job in the engine bay? and what type of undercoating did you go with?

I didn't have much time earlier to post up everything I wanted, so here is the rest.

I finally got the motor back in.
IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

Also got the trans in.
IMG_2301.jpg

I ordered some bride seats.
IMG_2432.jpg

Hallman boost controller.
IMG_2526.jpg

Cleaned up and painted my shifter assembly.
IMG_2051.jpg

EDM taillights and EDM folding mirrors
IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

AEM EMS
IMG_1862.jpg

ABS Delete kit.
IMG_1754-1.jpg

IMG_1757-1.jpg

IMG_1756-1.jpg

And here are some other pictures I took of the car as of now
IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Let me hear some feedback

The paint on the engine bay is por15, and the undercoating is 3M.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think the STM ABS delete kit was a waste of 200 bucks. I thought about it, then I realized that the stock non abs lines look better ### the SS kit has hoses way too long and there is tons of slack. Looks tacky to me..

A different note, what did you do for front and rear camber? The stance is amazing!

wow, buys it with a set of the rare clear tails, then has a set of EDM tails to put on. most people never get either :(

good job on the build, it looks amazing, i hope to have a garage like that when im older.

I didn't do anything with the with the camber just slammed it to see what it would look like haha. As far as the abs delete kit goes, yeah its pretty lame! Its made for a 3000gt so the lines are real long. It was very easy to install.

I have those clear lights just sitting in my garage if anyone wants them make me an offer...

Now, this is a build thread. Amazing. Good to see you're doing everything the right way and replacing almost everything as well. Sub'd for sure.

Everything is nice except the fake brides :thumb:

I don't know about the Brides and could care less but why spend all that money and then get a DNP manifold? Not talking shit just wondering why you went with that manifold. Otherwise the build is sick and you've done a great job thus far.

What makes you think the brides are fake?? I'm confused why you would assume that?

I don't know about the Brides and could care less but why spend all that money and then get a DNP manifold? Not talking shit just wondering why you went with that manifold. Otherwise the build is sick and you've done a great job thus far.

I went with a cheaper manifold because I want to get my car running, and I plan on building my own sometime soon. I thought it was a waste to buy a really nice one if I want to build my own.

What the hell kind of comment is that? What makes them fake? why does it matter to you?

It's his build, and his money. I highly doubt that if he bought STM Drag brake kit then he bought fake brides. :rolleyes: sit down and be quiet.

Great build man. you might have posted it but what size wheels and tires are you running?

I like the stance Drew.

Last edited:
What the hell kind of comment is that? What makes them fake? why does it matter to you?

It's his build, and his money. I highly doubt that if he bought STM Drag brake kit then he bought fake brides. :rolleyes: sit down and be quite.

Great build man. you might have posted it but what size wheels and tires are you running?

I like the stance Drew.

Thanks buddy I appreciate it! Your build looks damn good yourself. The wheels are 17x8 Tires are 245/45/17

The Brides look fake. Good job on ditching those lame ass clear tails please burn them so I never have to see them again. You have a nice build going good job.

Haha they are fake. You guys are good. I'm going to get one bucket sparco or something to race with.
Other than that though, everything you've done is amazing. The meticulous detail is astonishing. Props man, I hope to do the same with my awd spyder. Great build!

I look like a clown :/

No you don't at all haha. You just said what I was thinking. People are corny, because they don't cost $1,000 a seat they suck? I got both of them for real cheap not to worried about it. Bride is a legal manufacturer in Canada also so they arnt really fake. Just not the japanese expensive ones haha. I won't use them on the track I just think they look badass and when I'm cruising around with my buddy's on the weekends I'll toss them in. That's just how I feel about them you are all open to your own opinion and that's fine with me.

Ordering my rear brake kit to match the front this week and hopefully some other goodies I'll keep posting.

From the looks of his build and the money that has been spent, I'm sure he can afford authentic ones. This build is in baller status LOL
And..? I wasn't being condescending, just pointed something out I found humorous; which I was right about.

No you don't at all haha. You just said what I was thinking. People are corny, because they don't cost $1,000 a seat they suck? I got both of them for real cheap not to worried about it. Bride is a legal manufacturer in Canada also so they arnt really fake. Just not the japanese expensive ones haha. I won't use them on the track I just think they look badass and when I'm cruising around with my buddy's on the weekends I'll toss them in. That's just how I feel about them you are all open to your own opinion and that's fine with me.

Again, you're missing the point. I wasn't being a d*ck, just thought someone else would get an el oh el out of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back