The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G bad obd1 port?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze4G63

10+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2008
NW, Washington
So I got my car running again and my dsmlink wont connect to my computer. I sent my ecu to ECMTuning and they said everything checked out ok so now im thinking my obd1 port isnt working. anyone else had this issue, the dsmlink also has a brand new cable.

Have you installed the cable with correct driver from ecmtuning and set the COM port to identify it from your device manager ? The Com port number has to be selected from he connect menu in ecmtuning. Do you get an error when you hit the connect on Link. You can test the diagnostic connector by following this link diagport-12pin [ECMTuning - wiki]
Connection troubleshoot connectionproblem [ECMTuning - wiki]
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just ran into this exact issue last week when putting my car back together over the winter. In my case it turned out that somehow the wires running from Pin 1 (Self-Diagnostic Output) and Pin 2 (Diagnostics/Data Transfer Select) on the ECU side were pinched or lost connection somehow before they reached Pin 1 and Pin 10, respectively, on the diagnostic port. I couldn't find the breaks in the wires so I ended up using new wires and connected the wires from Pins 1 and 2 on the ECU directly to Pins 1 and 10 on the diagnostic plug, respectively. Works great now! The links above that Phantom provided helped me a ton.

Just for reference:

Pin 1 on the diagnostic port runs to Pin 1 on the ECU
Pin 10 on the diagnostic port runs to Pin 2 on the ECU
Pin 12 on the diagnostic port runs to chassis ground

These 3 pins are the only pins on the diagnostic port that matter for ECMLink V3 functionality.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue and have tried to rewire it, and have gone through all procedures in the links and nothing. It has done this on 2 ecus in a row now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back