The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Bad battery cell with no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenuwine4g63

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2009
Charlotte, North_Carolina
I just found out i have a bad cell in my battery. My car does not want to start for nothing, i have fuel spark and compression. Could this bad cell cause this. The mpi RELAY has been replaced, but is there a MPI FUSE?? I've heard there is one by the positive cable on the battery and i can not seem to locate it. Also could a fuse be bad even if its bridge is not broken ex.(20A engine fuse). Just these questions please. If you have any insight please help..

It could cause this, especially if your battery doesn't have enough CCA's. Have you tried jump starting it or changing the battery?

No, i just found out like two days ago and i have been busy ever since. I am however going to get a new one but try my brothers first out of his car. Im on my way to work now so i'll be back later tonight...8pm

I forgot to mention it does turn over just dosnt crank

So, is it still not turning over? Check the small ground cable on the post. My brothers talon would not start at all. He disconnected the wire and scratched it up for a clean connection, and viola!!

Was it running before all of this? What has changed since then? Check all of your fuses
Yes it was runing before all this. Every last fuse in my car is good. MPI too

So, is it still not turning over? Check the small ground cable on the post. My brothers talon would not start at all. He disconnected the wire and scratched it up for a clean connection, and viola!!

Nah it turns over just dosnt crank. Which one the one on the firewall or the one to the transmission bellhousing. both are good. I cant seem to figure it out, im doing another compression test tomorrow so we'll definetly see whats up. But im still stoked on that too though. The bottom end just cant die like that, thats weird

Yes it was runing before all this. Every last fuse in my car is good. MPI too

Nah it turns over just dosnt crank. Which one the one on the firewall or the one to the transmission bellhousing. both are good. I cant seem to figure it out, im doing another compression test tomorrow so we'll definetly see whats up. But im still stoked on that too though. The bottom end just cant die like that, thats weird

Have a friend with another ECU borrow the ECU for your car....The ECU for DSM cars in notorious for going bad

I kinda think thats wut it is too..but from my dash, its good..boost gauge goes up, no cel so maybe???

Exactly what was going on with mine..The gauge went up to zero when cranking but would not start at all..So like I said I just swapped ecu's and bingo bango..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back