The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

AUX Lights wont turn off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyconn18

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2004
North Bruns., New_Jersey
Two days ago i went to work, came out my lights were on but i didnt leave them on, they were on by themselves, i came home and checked the wiring and everything seemed to be fine, i went to my buddies shop and they didnt know what it could be. on the way home i hit a bump on route 1 and all of a sudden they turned off, i thought my problem was sovled....but the next morning they were on and my batt. was dead. now my NEW batt if done completely and my car wont even start unless i jump start it. Anyone have any idea what i culd check to see why its doing this, like could there be a bad switch or sumthin somewhere that i am overlooking???

You mean your dome lights were stuck on? Did you check to see if the sensor at the bottom of the door is in place? It might have poped out and since it can't close because it's not in place it stays on. If that's not it, check your wiring and make sure you don't have any wires touching. Have you done any kind of electrical modifications to the car lately?

ya its either gonna be one of your door switchs are sticking or broken. i had to replace both driver and pass. in my 91 talon because i had the same problem. try closing one door and just pressing the switch on the other side see if it goes out wiggle it a little bit if you have to it could even be that the connecter is loose on the other side of the switch. because of the location of the switch they get dirt and stuff in them start to stick sometimes. still have the rubber boots over them? might even be able to clean them if they are just sticking. :thumb: :talon:

I'm sorry, i ment like my parking lights are on, like my corner light, tail lights, rear side markers, speedo lights. Basicaly all my lights except for the head lights and the dome lights, and i dunno what do do to fix them.

ok well it could be the combo switch, or a relay thats sticking check for shorts to ground also.

found the problem... my alternator fuse was the problem. A spider somehow got in it and laid eggs. I guess that sumhow messed it up. as of now i havent had the problem.

:thumb:
Nyconn18 said:
found the problem... my alternator fuse was the problem. A spider somehow got in it and laid eggs. I guess that sumhow messed it up. as of now i havent had the problem.
:thumb:

Outstanding! LOL. Thanks for posting your solution

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back