The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lights That Wont Turn Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92TalonFreak

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2005
belton, Missouri
OK,, may sound stupid but the light around my key and the lights under the dash will not turn off,,, i hold the button down in the door frame and it dims them but they stay on,, i don't know why it does it!! i was wondering if any one knew how i could fix it of if i should just pull the bulbs out and for get it!!!

please help

Does the "door ajar" light in the gauge cluster shut off? I would pull the door switches on both sides and make sure thier not corroded and the wires are still connected and not partially grounding out somewhere.

I got to lookking and your right,, the door light was staying on!! Come to find out the switch is broke off,

Is there a way i can just by pass it and not have it at all??? i'm sure there is but i don't want to mess something up!!! LOL

Unplug the wire off the back of the switch and wrap it in electrical tape. I would just replace the switch though, thier only a couple bucks from the dealer and it would keep water/dirt out of the door jamb that causes rust :barf:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back