The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Auto Rear Bushing/Subframe Bushing Install???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pavochavo

Probationary Member
Jan 19, 2011
Dublin, Ohio
I just had a 2g that I just picked up over at a local shop for an alignment and they stated that they couldn't do one because of the "rear bushings being so bad". They are going to work up a quote for me but I thought I'd ask for a little advice from everyone here. I searched on this forum and come up with lots of info but I'm not knowledgible on 2g's and need to know specifics to A/T cars. The car is a 96 GSX A/T. Great shape but needs the bushings and subframe bushings. My questions...

I know energy suspension sells bushing kits but I'm not sure what I would need.

What kit/bushings do I need to replace so that an alignment will hold properly in the rear of the car?

Does anyone here change these and how much would you charge me? I'm afraid the shop price is going to be painful. I am located in Columbus, Ohio.

Thanks!
Robert

Prothane makes the best poly bushing sets for our cars. If it where me I'd get there master set and go ahead and replace all the old crappy rubber.

On your subframe there are lots of bushings? There are rear diff bushings and subframe to body bushing. you need to find out which ones you need.

You can get diff bushing form black_gst on here. They are not available from the factory with out buying a new subframe.

subframe to body bushing can be purchased from the Mitsu or black_gst if you want a set of poly or solid units.

Do a search and wou will find tons of info on installing the poly bushing .

There are a few place you DO NOT WANT TO USE THEM:

Front strut dampener fork and upper strut mount. Everywhere else is fine.

Kevin

Local shop just quoted me almost 20 hours labor to install a $135 kit. Crazy. Now I'm not cheap and I understand that it takes a long time to do this upgrade but that seems ridiculous to me. The car isn't worth that much. Any Columbus, OH local DSM'ers want to make a little cash??? LOL

Robert

Just saw this photo on the volk bushing thread with the larger washer on the bottom

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back