The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

apexi Neo & GM MAF blow thu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Motion4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2005
Lawton, Oklahoma
I have a 91 AWD, Big 16g & stock fuel system........

So I need to upgrade my fuel, well I have the 550cc injectors already...

Hear is what I am looking to do,
I want to run a Apexi NEO for its ability to tune and data log for what I understand it does, and price is Not a bad deal, for me this would solve 2 needs.

Now I also would like to run a GM blow thru setup for the obvious gains, cleans up the engine bay, Open BOV for street cred :p, and so I have the option of open turbo or a nice short intake. Now I know you need a MAF Translator but can the Translator work with the NEO?

I know both do the same thing in design, NEO adds some OTHER features I want, and the MAF Translator allows me to clean up my Engine bay with better Fuel Metering, and lets me ditch the stock plastic intake and get better flow to my turbo inlet with a Force performance cast alum intake...

Also......What is the application difference in a Walbro 225 and the Walbro 225 HP * High Pressure * Witch one is right for my setup? I plan on running aprox 18-21 LBS of boost and best gas around hear is 91-oct but sometimes you can find up to 93-oct...

I have a 91 AWD, Big 16g & stock fuel system........

So I need to upgrade my fuel, well I have the 550cc injectors already...

Hear is what I am looking to do,
I want to run a Apexi NEO for its ability to tune and data log for what I understand it does, and price is Not a bad deal, for me this would solve 2 needs.

Now I also would like to run a GM blow thru setup for the obvious gains, cleans up the engine bay, Open BOV for street cred :p, and so I have the option of open turbo or a nice short intake. Now I know you need a MAF Translator but can the Translator work with the NEO?

I know both do the same thing in design, NEO adds some OTHER features I want, and the MAF Translator allows me to clean up my Engine bay with better Fuel Metering, and lets me ditch the stock plastic intake and get better flow to my turbo inlet with a Force performance cast alum intake...

Also......What is the application difference in a Walbro 225 and the Walbro 225 HP * High Pressure * Witch one is right for my setup? I plan on running aprox 18-21 LBS of boost and best gas around hear is 91-oct but sometimes you can find up to 93-oct...

You will be fine with a rewired 190 walbro with a 16g at that boost level. If you plan on upgrading in the future you might as well put a 255 in it. As far as differences between the walbro hp and the regular one I don't know.

Ok all parts are in..

I went ahead and got both the Neo and the MAF trans, I also purchased the PLX Devices DM-100 AFR setup this is both a gauge cluster all in one and a AFR, Gives many read styles so you can monitor 32 different modules like boost, egt, ect........OUT OF ONE GAUGE in color!
Just looking at the price difference of most AFR combos this seamed a better deal for not much more $$$ with a little bling factor and expandable....
also picked up walbro 255 HP, Areomotive FPR, and 550cc injectors.....

I figure if needed that I can use a buddies Pocket logger but should have no issues with tuning now...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back