The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Any input?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kt239

10+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Here is tonights log of idle and a quick cruse around the block (fourth startup). If it shows the surge at idle that is no longer an issue it was just a loose vaccume hose. Any input?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
try and adjust your maf until you get about 25 gm/perrev (airflowperrev) , i also noticed you have disable airflow smoothing for speed density. im not sure if its in my ecmlink settings or it is accually set on your ecu, if it is clicked unclick it. unless you are actually running speed density.

Thanks for the advice I will make adjustments to the maf in a lil bit here. As far as the airflow smoothing I'll look and see but that's something I never touched.

Stroked you should be around 0.28-0.32 gm/rev at idle.

Is this a 0% throttle idle log or are you pressing the gas pedal some? You show 5% throttle. Need to know before giving other information.

If you are not trying to run cooler temps, I would suggest ditching the Mishimoto 143* tstat in favor for a 170* or a stock temp thermostat.

Also if this isn't a 0% throttle log (you pressed the gas), make a new log at operating temps and please log Battery, RadiatorFan, ISCPosition, CombinedFT.

I'm assuming you are on the stock MAF correct?

Yeah the idle is at 4% cause when the cable is at zero the car just boggs out but I'll move it so it's at zero if it's supposed to be. I am trying to keep her running cool so that's the reason behind the thermostat. I am indeed running the stock maf and am almost home so when I get there I will pull her out and make some adjustments and post the new log.

Yeah the idle is at 4% cause when the cable is at zero the car just boggs out but I'll move it so it's at zero if it's supposed to be. I am trying to keep her running cool so that's the reason behind the thermostat. I am indeed running the stock maf and am almost home so when I get there I will pull her out and make some adjustments and post the new log.

If it bogs out at 0% then you need to find the underlying cause for it. All you are doing is masking a problem.

You want to run cool however if you don't let the coolant sit in the radiator long enough you will actually heat up since the heat cannot disperse fast enough. What are you doing for your cooling setup? What kind of radiator, what fans, total CFM, duct work?

That will all be acquired after engine breaks in but for now I'm working on getting the motor in itself to run correctly. I can not find those values to log in my list of values and as far as the sd smoothing goes it was checked idk why to be honest but it's now unchecked. I adjusted the throttle cable so the throttle should be at 0% but it's stuck at 3% there's nothing more I can do with the cable but as I typed this it actually went to 0%! And one last thing, how do I get those values to log because their not on my list here and I'd like to make an updated log with those values for you.

I have two logs to post here one is of idle and the other is at a cruse. I think the car feels sluggish to be honest, does anything look off?

A quick one at idle

And coming back from gas station.

You still need to capture the values (F10) I asked for for some other information I'm looking for.

From the log, your front o2 isn't cycling, your AirFlowPerRev is high, you want it between 0.28-0.32 gm/rev for a stroker.

However in your second log, your o2 IS cycling which makes me question your CombFT which I need to see.

Ok I will run it again after work tomorrow on my way to get it aligned. Sorry I am still learning this system so I didn't know how to acquire the desired values.

Start reading :)

start [ECMTuning - wiki]

Just make sure you have a solid idle log 0% throttle, operating temps, 0mph speed, log your RadiatorFan and get a section with the fan turned OFF.

Basically, just capture as much as you can, more the better to be honest. You don't need to have everything displayed, just capture it.

I been trying to read here and there but I'm also trying to iron out my transmission issue at the same time (http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/automatic-tranny/416381-trany-problem-maybe.html). It's killing me trying to get this tranny problem pinpointed, though I think I'm on track, because I have always owned 5spd vehicles so this auto is aggravating to put it lightly LOL. With that said my reading up on the v3 defiantly needs to pick up but that other issue is trumping my thoughts. Either way I won't ramble but I'll make that log tomorrow for sure, thanks.

Heres a updated log with the requested values except the CombinedFT because I didnt see it as an option. There is a shot of the idle with 0% throttle from 299.78 to 304.88. Anything stand out on this one?

Found the CombinedFT so heres a capture of it at idle...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back