The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Any feal coilovers reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio_1G

Proven Member
May 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
I'm wanting to upgrade my suspension and I'm undecided about getting the koni/gc setup or the one someone also recommended which are the feal coilovers. I tried looking for any reviews but couldn't find any

I love mine. I have stiffer spring rates than the off the shelf set for autocross but they still felt close to stock rise quality if you don't go too low. I have 4 events on them and still getting the feel for them but I'm already putting down faster times then my last setup if you compare them to the other cars in my class.

I have the money ready for either the feal or koni/gc combo and it's killing me that my car rides like a boat right now LOL I'll probably end up buying the feal just to try them out of curiosity

Get the feals! The koni/DG will limit you in height, plus they are limit aswell on high spring rates, I know when I redo coilovers I will be going to feal, @Feal Suspension

I have the money ready for either the feal or koni/gc combo and it's killing me that my car rides like a boat right now LOL I'll probably end up buying the feal just to try them out of curiosity
Please let me know if you get them because we have the same car and are in the same town :)

I've been on Tein basics for 5 years and have been wanting a change. Ive been debating on getting the feal's but not sure how low they actually go. If they go as low as my Tein's i would be all over it.

I've got my Feals because I race my car in Autocross. They are definitely worth the money in my opinion. I went with a higher spring rate in front than what they suggested and it drives like beast on a 245 Potenza RE71R. And as far as height attached is a pic that shows them at full low. The rear goes a little lower than the front, so the front is full low and the rear leveled to it.

Attachments

• tmp_25101-IMG_20161112_175245505_HDR699179097.jpg
    tmp_25101-IMG_20161112_175245505_HDR699179097.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 729
  • tmp_25101-IMG_20161112_175204200_HDR346356976.jpg
    tmp_25101-IMG_20161112_175204200_HDR346356976.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 370
I placed my order about a week ago, they said it will be a 2 week wait or so before they can ship them out. I went with the 441 with higher spring rates. Can't wait to get them and try them out! :rocks:

Last edited:
Best bang for the buck coilover for our cars! I absolutely love mine and opted out for the higher spring rate 12k front/ 8k rear and even with the higher spring rate the ride quality is totally DD worthy. I've tried megan, Ksport, and BC coils and none of them come close to these. The only thing that my stancenation people might complain about is that you cannot slam your car with the fronts coils. Fully bottom out is about 1 1/2 finger gap between tire and fender, which has never been a problem for me because function > form.

Possibly, not sure. I just know mine will not going any lower than the ride height I am currently at.

Best bang for the buck coilover for our cars! I absolutely love mine and opted out for the higher spring rate 12k front/ 8k rear and even with the higher spring rate the ride quality is totally DD worthy. I've tried megan, Ksport, and BC coils and none of them come close to these. The only thing that my stancenation people might complain about is that you cannot slam your car with the fronts coils. Fully bottom out is about 1 1/2 finger gap between tire and fender, which has never been a problem for me because function > form.

I thought they had a version for cars that will be dropped extra low. I remember the FEAL liaison mentioning that.

We are in the business of offering suspension that performs above all else. If a coilover is lowered too far it can cause an issue with the suspension starting to "bind" as the geometry is altered beyond what it was designed for. Also if we were to offer a shorter cartridge length it would take away from the overall stroke of the suspension, which is something we take pride in. Feal Suspension typically offers more stroke and less friction than our competitors and that is something that has been advantage for our brand, along with properly calculated spring rates and a well engineered valving formula.

Possibly, not sure. I just know mine will not going any lower than the ride height I am currently at.
Do you have any pics from the side? I'm looking at ordering some soonish and not sure I like how that is the maximum low in 96dsmftw's pic.

Do you have any pics from the side? I'm looking at ordering some soonish and not sure I like how that is the maximum low in 96dsmftw's pic.
Not at the moment but I can tell you that I'm a bit lower than 96dsmftw's car because my car also has Paul Volks front tubular lower control arms which lowers the ride height another 1/2 inch .

Not at the moment but I can tell you that I'm a bit lower than 96dsmftw's car because my car also has Paul Volks front tubular lower control arms which lowers the ride height another 1/2 inch .
Do you have a side pic Daniel? I just signed up for his LCA group buy so I'm curious about the difference. Thanks

Feal 441 here on 10k/6k .I've had them since 2014, they are a definite upgrade from the Teins I had before. Like mentioned above when I first got them I couldn't close that finger gap, but I sent them back to them within the week and they did some work on them to get it to where I wanted.
Still feel just as great as they did when they didn't close that finger gap. They got it "slammed" again. I'm not sure if they still do that, but I thought I'd throw in my .02c, great quality and communication.

Hell that is too low for me. Alabama roads suck, my county might have the worst roads in the whole state because there just so damn many county roads and such a small budget, all of the paved roads are paved very thin, patched potholes are usually worse than before the patch.

Currently riding on a prokit with agx struts, and while it holds the road very good, I scrap everywhere, smashed my muffler, and I have to be way to careful on backroads. Going to get some feals, hopefully I can get a good comfortable ride, a bit higher up, and maybe even improve handling.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back