The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Anti-Lag Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumpaumpalumpa

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2014
La Habra, California
So I was messing around with the ALS on V2 the other day to get acquainted with it better and to just see how it all worked together and I set the RPM launch limit at 4750 and under the ALS tab I set "use with launch RPM" to 3250 and I noticed I could build 20psi before I even hit the limiter. So my question is does the damage to the turbo from anti-lag mostly occur when you are bouncing off the limiter, or is it purely from retarding the timing and adding fuel?

Last edited:
As far as I can rememeber, the damage will come from the intense heat and actual combustion happening inside the turbine housing and around the turbine itself. Excess heat and pressure will have a catastrophic effect on thin blades or poor casting.

But this is from the recesses of my memory, so someone probably has a better explanation than I.

It's a violent explosion in the turbine, it's hard on wheels and bearings, plus the heat. On rally setups, full anti-lag systems will kill a turbo quickly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back