The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Another fan thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathansgsx

Proven Member
Jun 7, 2017
Meridian, Idaho
The previous owner didn’t even wire in the fans and to make matters worst, the stock fan plugs are no where in site. So i’ve got to start from scratch and safely figure out how to wire one fan to an ignition source without starting a fire. What source should I tap into, and what sort of fuse/relay do I need?

Since nobody has helped...

Odds are the stock fan connectors were snipped but the wiring's there, you've just got to look a bit harder for it in the harness. The reason why it's worth taking the time to find the stock fan wiring is because it will save you tons of headache down the road since you'll be able to have the ECU operate the fans based on coolant temps and not mess with a ton of unnecessary wiring, fan controllers, etc.

There are (2) connectors that operate your fans, below is a diagram of where they're located inside the wiring harness so you get a better idea of where to search for them.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back