The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

-AN fittings for Holset's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Hey I have a HY35 that I need to figure out what oil feed and return lines and fittings to use on a 2G. I will just bypass the water lines because the HY is oil cooled. I also have a HX35 that is going on a 1G motor car and need to figure out what fittings and lines to use on it as well. What do I need to use for it as far as the water lines go? Also where can I get the oil return flange that goes on the oil pan that is ready for -AN or standard? Is roadrace the only place? Thanks in advance for everyones help, Keith. :dsm:

Thanks for the info it is much appreiciated, Keith.

I was under the impression that Holsets need to see a max of 44psi of oil pressure at the turbo. Many people run restrictors, or get -3an oil feed line. The oil feed from The Turbo Trader says it has -4an. I wonder what that's about.

I haven't heard that on the oil psi. Does anyone know for certain?

After much searching, I have found this:

I got an interesting email from Cory Heldhege from Holset today...I asked Cory about the oil pressure issue to see what is the correct amount of pressure Holset actually advises.

ADDITION ON OIL PRESSURE: Corey said 10psi at idle, 40psi cruising and max of 60psi.

Most DSMs do not have any problems with to much oil for the holset turbos. Honda's on the other hand almost always do.

DO NOT just throw a resistor in to begin with. Install the turbo first then think about the oil restristor. Ideally you need to check your oil pressure right at the turbo then deside if you need to do anything.

I have an HX35 on my 2G and do not us a resistor and my oil squirts are blocked off and the balance shafts have been removed. So it has about as high of oil pressure as you will see. No problems here.

PS I pull of the oil filter housing.

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know of a place that I can get the parts to build the feed and return lines myself? I will most likely be pulling from the head, does anyone see a problem with that? Thanks again, Keith.

Good luck finding the fitting that goes into the the holset. I had to have one custom made. It is a M12x1.5 thread.

The premade kits are not much more than what you can piece together. The flanges for the oil drain is where most of the money will be on the drain.

I just picked me up an HX-40 Pro version that I hope to put on this weekend and the guy that I bought it from said to make sure that I used an oil restrictor. I have my oil feed coming from the stock location on the head with the balance shafts removed. What is the oil pressure that I should be seeing coming from the head with the shafts removed? Will it be enough to need a restrictor? If so I will just use the nitrous jet trick, just wondering in case I can save myself the trouble.

Keylan

I am using a 1/16 inch restrictor in mine and no probs (4G64 hybrid) I also run a HX35 on a Nissan VG30det in a skirace boat that stays around the 7000rpm mark for a good part of an hour racing and have had no issues what so ever with the turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back