The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

AMS, IPT 760 Awhp 97' Talon Dyno and Street Vid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOOOO, a shift kit is a hardware kit that goes into the trans. If you read any of it, you'd know that what this does is interfere so to speak with the tcu signal giving full line pressure on shifting. Allowing you to manually shift the car with the gear selector rather than letting the trans do all the work.

The bonus about the ebay one is i believe you could down shift with it too, though i heard it was quite violent.

The shift kit just changes out the springs in the valve body allowing a firmer shift during normal shifting.

understood.

shift kit springs(pain in my ass to install, glad i had help) but well worth it

I'm getting ready to do it soon. As well as end clutches, filter, gasket, manual valve, and temp sensor. It's going to be an adventure for sure.

Man, I remember when I installed all that. The first time I drove the car, I was SO SCARED. I was hoping the trans wouldn't blow up when it shifted. I had absolutely NO confidence in my work, because I had no idea what I was doing. Then the first firm shift hit, and I knew I was ok.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back