The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

AMS, IPT 760 Awhp 97' Talon Dyno and Street Vid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am using about a 4200 rpm stuff and the IPT Billet multi disk lockup converter, the thing is super strong as it handled over 750hp without slipping.
My car has Jun 272 cams, a AMS Surge tank setup feeding a Weldon fuel pump and the stock ignition on dsm's has been know to break up at about 40 lbs of boost so just to be safe I threw on a buschur c.o.p. setup and so far so good.

Scott

I've seen the bosches, walbros, and aeromotives but I'm not sure if I've seen a weldon fuel pump. What injectors? Got pics if you dont mind of the surge tank setup?

Your car really gives me higher hopes now :)

Congrats on your accomplishments. your setup is bad ass. I hope to have mine finished in another month. Very similar setup but with 4000 stall and gt4094r. Mine is fwd though which has less drivetrain loss. I'm shooting for 700hp.

that video is insane.. i can almost feel the car rocketing out, i bet that is an insane feeling.

makes me want to finish here in iraq and start my build. damn sick power! nice jobs once again

i was thinking 2.3L IPT 5k stall gt4294r but i was worried about driveability issues. let me kno how it works out with ## setup.

after reading the other thread about driving it to work, i dont think i'll have any issues with my setup. as its similiar to scotts. once i return from iraq hopefully be posting some crazy numbers like this thread has. :)

I dunno exactly.. ive never really paid attention.. probably around 5000-5500, but then it doesnt drop even a single pound down the track thanks to the auto trans.

Scott

hey scott about what rpm do you see full boost at?

i was just wondering IPT asked me when i should be reaching full boost.

Didn't even notice. Maybe because i can see an obvious accidental typo and not call it out like it's a flagrant infraction of some unknown law of the worlds.

Didn't even notice. Maybe because i can see an obvious accidental typo and not call it out like it's a flagrant infraction of some unknown law of the worlds.

You completely misinterpreted my intentions. It's okay, I forgive you, it's the internet. I was wondering if maybe it was on purpose? Like their own little nickname or something... I don't know, people do that. (Ex. I call my car the Clipse') Or if they didn't realize it, they could change it? They have such an awesome video and such an amazing car, if it were my video I would only hope to have it exactly how I wanted it.

:dsm: DSM love :dsm:

Edit: I just wanted to emphasize that I think the car is sick. I love when the turbo spools and suddenly everything (looking out the driver's window) becomes a blur. Bad Ass.

Condescending undertones are fun over the internet right? Please don't tell me you "forgive me" like i'm a child.

I do agree though, it's a sick sick car. And as soon as i get the cash, i'm going to get the RM mod done up as well as the ipt trans and i'm going to try to autox the car. I think i'd be one of the only if i pull it off. We'll see how it works.

Condescending undertones are fun over the internet right? Please don't tell me you "forgive me" like i'm a child.

I do agree though, it's a sick sick car. And as soon as i get the cash, i'm going to get the RM mod done up as well as the ipt trans and i'm going to try to autox the car. I think i'd be one of the only if i pull it off. We'll see how it works.

what's RM mod? newb question probably. and im the same i can't wait to get mine up to that standard/power along with a built IPT trans

god damn that is a noisy fuel pump.

awesome job!

samething as a translab shift kit persay?

NOOOO, a shift kit is a hardware kit that goes into the trans. If you read any of it, you'd know that what this does is interfere so to speak with the tcu signal giving full line pressure on shifting. Allowing you to manually shift the car with the gear selector rather than letting the trans do all the work.

The bonus about the ebay one is i believe you could down shift with it too, though i heard it was quite violent.

The shift kit just changes out the springs in the valve body allowing a firmer shift during normal shifting.

hands down the best atx awd video on the planet. Ive shown to some "non-atx" beleavers and shut them up quick. If the time is taken and the knowledge is there, and BAM you got a sick dsm. Congrats Scott, you've inspired us Atx guys with hope and given me a new route to fallow, I might not put down your numbers, but dang thats a sick ride.

Just wish i would of left mine talon and went 2gb talon LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back