The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G alternator charging issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fear

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2010
Sweden, Europe
i recently bought a 96 eclipse gst with some gearbox fix on it. after i got it fixed and started the car the battery charging light on the instrument cluster was lit and also some other light which i don´t know what it is? i measured the voltage on both the batterys + and the alternators + and it was about 12v. since it wasn´t charging i swapped the alternator with the one from my 96 talon tsi awd since i know it´s working properly. when i put the battery terminal on it came some sparks and the 100a fuse in the engine bay blew.
got any ideas what could be the problem?

Make sure you connected the terminals correctly and make sure everythings co.nected right. No grounded connextions anywhere. Did you disconnect the battery when you swaped the alternator

the terminals were connected correctly and i disconnected the battery when i swapped the alternator. i don´t know if everything is connected right since i got the car in the middle of a gearbox change and am pretty new with dsm´s. the thing is when i started the car before the alternator swap the 100a fuse was intact and the charging light was on and so on. why did it blew after the swap?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back