The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

1G All signs pointing to CAS being bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgxxiv

Probationary Member
13
36
Nov 22, 2022
Michigan
Hey gents, I did some work to the car (92 talon tsi) recently, new timing belt, new mls head gasket, COP and beehive springs. Car started up great, idle strong, but I noticed it was running rich 9.8-10.8. Car is tuned on a link g4x and I double checked an old log and it was at 5 btdc idle and now it's sitting around 13/14. I figured I needed to adjust my CAS a bit and noticed adjusting it didn't change timing at all.

Triple checked mechanical timing, all is good. Made sure CAS wasn't 180 out. Went to start again and it was rough, didn't want to stay running.

Put my old ignition set up back on (stock) and checked spark. Very inconsistent spark, if I got any at all.

My finger is pouting towards the cas being 30 something years old and ready for the long goodnight, but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before I hunt for a new one.

Thanks
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top