The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

aftermarket toggle > factory fogs 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim3kgt

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 5, 2003
LiberalProgrsv, Arizona
so i found a aftermarket, round toggle switch that fits into the factory location amazingly well. It has a little red LED in it to let me know when the Fogs are on. I prefer this to repairing the factory switch (again...). One problem: i need the wiring diagram or pin-out of the factory switch. It has four wires and the toggle needs 3. Ive read all of the VFAQ stuff and searched the forum and dsmtalk. can someone help me out please?
thanks
tim

Attachments

• 2011-03-07_00-23-57_267.jpg
    2011-03-07_00-23-57_267.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 79
This is just my thought. I may not be 100% correct but that's why we have other members to chime in :) The Rocker switch in reality only needs 2 but the 3rd prong is there for the led on the switch. There is 4 wires for the factory switch. Red w/ Black, Green w/ Red, Green w/ White and Black w/ Yellow. I have a harness in front of me and I am 90% sure the Black w/ Yellow is the ground. When I unraveled the tape from the harness there are 3 more Black w/ Yellow stripe and Red dots which lead to all of the other plugs except the dimmer and head light pop up, which leads me to believe the Black/Yellow is the ground. Next Find which wire has power when the PARKING LIGHTS are ON. Once this is established, Find which wire has power when the HEADLIGHTS are ON. When you find these 2 wires you should be able to combine the 2 wires 2 1 using a jumper or soldering them together into 1 wire. This new wire will be your hot. I believe that these 2 wires are the green wires. As for the red I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
two are for illumination, the other two are for relay activation.

Illum. wire are not need

The power is green, the negative is red. odd, I know. should be on the far side of the connector.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ignore the control relay text, text describing above parts in the actual schematic.

How to wire it up

from top to bottom

ground wire - connected to a solid ground, under a screw, ect.
red wire
green wire

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hope that covered what you were after.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back