The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Aftermarket cam gear questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclpsegsx12

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
I'm picking up a pair of adjustable skunk works cam gears (old school style with 6 bolts) and was wondering if anyone has had a problem with them not aligning due to the block being decked or head ect.

My block is at the machine shop right now and they are going to deck it of course when they bore it .20 over and put in my ross/eagle combo(6-bolt). I want to know what actually could cause my cam gears to not align properly, and what can I do to ensure the machine shops dont make that so. Thanks

They will still align properly. They are marked and the tensioner is used to insure it's still properly tensioned. What you are having done will have no effect on the gears not wanting to line up later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back