The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Aerocatch install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys, i just got a set of aerocatch hood pins and thought I'd give a detailed how to on how to cut the holes for these into your hood.

*do this at your own risk*

It took me a long time before i decided to cut into the hood, and to be honest i habent done it quite yet, i wanted to practice on cardboard to make sure i had the right tools to get the job done.

Supplies you will need:

Dremmel with cutting wheel and sander drums.

1" hole saw (for small end of the cut)

1 3/4" hole saw

3/8 drill bit
1/8 drill bit (small clamping holes)

Drill

Painters tape (we dont wanna ruin more than we have to)

Respetstor

Set of aero catch pins.

1. Okay first thing is choose where you would like your pins to be.

I will be choosing the hood prop left hole and where the C between the other end of the prop where it clips in.
The support between the rad mount and headlight mount. Angled the pin in a funny way that i didn't like so i opted for a place where they stood straight up
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2. Put your respirator on and Drill your holes for your pins in the rad support and install them to proper height so the hood closes but still touches the pins. MAKE SURE THEY ARE EVEN OR YOUR SHIT WILL LOOK FUNNY (ask how i know) if you drill the wrong spot try again.

3. Put whiteout on the top of the pins and close the hood. This will mark the spot on the hood to drill for the pin, which will be the center cross hairs for your template.

4. After you have drilled your hole for the pin (3/8th hole) you can start positioning the latch.
Put your painters tape over the hole you just drilled and copy this template (exterior painters tape
Works well)

5. This is where the scary shit starts

Line up your hole saws so that they are centred with the outer edge meeting the template outer edge

6. It's probably good if you can make a pilot hole for the center of the hole saw to go through so the teeth dont jump and f up your hole. Now cut that shit.

7. Use the dremmel cutting wheel and cut along the straight line on both sides to join the circles

Your hole should look remotely like this

Use the sander attchment and smooth things out. Everything should fit in cut the under side of the hood enough to fit the sandwich plate.

Get some silicone and seal the cut edges .

Happy boosting.

Thanks for reading!
-kyle

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back