The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

advice on next mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetheman8

Probationary Member
Oct 4, 2007
Fort Bragg, North_Carolina
Hey I have a 1990 Plymouth Laser RS turbo ive only done some mods, 3 inch down pipe, 3 in high flow cat, and 3 inch cat back, aftermakret intake filter and pipe and upgraded clutch kit. so what would you guys reccomend for me next? every thing else in the car is stock

Upgraded fuel pump, injectors (and a way to control them), manual boost controller, turbo and possibly a front mount intercooler. A wide band O2 sensor is helpful for more accurate tuning as well. Do things in stages and follow the suggested upgrade path.

in the upper left corner of the page you can see the word tech under the menu youll see upgrade paths best advice i think you can get. do all the free mods and then youll have a solid platform to build power from and then so on and so on

Personally, my next mods would be to rewire the fuel pump and get a manual boost controller

Port a few things (exhaust manifold, O2 housing) get rid of the restrictive elbow on the throttle body. Then mbc, fuel pump, and injectors

As said by tbonitz301:

Fuel pump rewire and manual boost controller
(15 lbs max).

Relatively easy, cheap with substantial results. When that is no longer enough, as has also been said; bigger injectors, A/F controller, ported O2, etc.

-Dave

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back