The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

a/t rebuild or swap to manual?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonPOWER58

Probationary Member
Feb 7, 2004
Honolulu, Hawaii
okay here's my main problem... I have a 2-3 flare... It wasn't so bad, at first it would hesitate but now it jumps some rpms before going into 3rd... I've heard that getting the shift kit will actually make things better? Would a complete tranny flush fix it (I haven't done it yet, I just changed the fluid and filter about 3 years ago)? I'm trying to go for a quick fix...

However if the symptoms do point to a rebuild... I'm pondering going manual... I can get a free tranny and all the parts for the conversion for about $300 or so...

How much did your rebuild cost you fellow dsmers?

What do you guys think? Which route should I take? Any input because my car feels so junk and powerless... I can't really get on it! :cry:

THANKS!!!

Just so you know the swap is a pain in the ass.

It is not a fun project at all.

My swap cost me 75 for a mtx rear end and the tranny and everything came with the car so I was only out 75 bucks for my swap.

The ATX > MTX swap costs different for everyone. It all depends on what kind of deals you get for parts and weather or not you go with a stock MTX tranny with a 4 bolt rear end or else a 3 bolt rear end.

You will be replacing the rear end becuase the ATX and the MTX have differnet gear ratios.

If your really want a manual tranny then go ahead and swap it. Depending on cost of the rebuild, I would look into that.

:dsm: :thumbdown fricken 1900 dollars for rebuilding my tranny. now im having a shit load of probs. cold driving uphills. how much is a man. tranny? :dsm:

I think on my car it's coming down to either having to rebuild/swap trans. My question is: Exactly how hard is it to swap from an A/T to a M/T? As far as $$$ and how hard to do it.
:talon: -Thanks, Cale

man i wish i have an auto, id ####ing trade my setup for an auto setup of equal value in a sec

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back