The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

a/c fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welpkbai

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2010
Clarksville, Tennessee
Short Story
Blew Motor
New JDM w/ FMIC

Smelt something wierd coming from motor...

A/C fan (The one activated by using the winter cold switch in dash) melted like a candle.
Added heat shield to prevent problem from happening again but before i put the same one back on that melted, i was wondering if anyone knows if there is one that i can get that happens to be a metal of some sort so it doesn't melt again.

Short Story
Blew Motor
New JDM w/ FMIC

Smelt something wierd coming from motor...

A/C fan (The one activated by using the winter cold switch in dash) melted like a candle.
Added heat shield to prevent problem from happening again but before i put the same one back on that melted, i was wondering if anyone knows if there is one that i can get that happens to be a metal of some sort so it doesn't melt again.

Dude I'm sorry, maybe it's me but I can't understand your problem :confused::confused:

Did you fan melt because its rite next to the headers?
doesn't the a/c fan have this small metal plate in the middle to protect it

There's no reason why it should melt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back