DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.
Motor installed. Having some issues getting it running. The car has a fuel pump rewire that wasn’t receiving signal in for the fuel pump. I since ran a keyed 12v from the engine bay fuse box to the master sender signal. Works with key on to get the signal and the the rewire relay does the rest. I still feel like possible no/low spark issue. Currently NOT running
Took her around the block! Been a while for update due to waiting on an axle. Got it installed finally.
Starting to push body work. Hope to have her painted by end of May.
Tires on the way.
Air filter , dip stick and NGK wires on the way from STM
I’m trying to avoid doing it at hope. I made a mess last time. My wife wasn’t a fan!
I’m trying to get a friend to lend me a booth at his shop since it’s closed due to the Rona.
Either way I intend to spray it myself either way.
Long time no update. Been side working on bikes to offset income from not working- sucks. I’ve been fixing and flipping dirt bikes. Pretty fun actually.
On the car: I’ve been installing body panels and fitting them as I go. the car had been moving under its own power but I lost the clutch slave AND master. Those have been replaced and I test drove it. This got my juices flowing again. I ordered and received my Tactrix Openport. I’m waiting on the cable now.
Body work has been moving along great. A few more touch ups and it’ll be ready for paint. I also pressure washed the interior and treated all the plastics.
Today while waiting on clips to be delivered for the side skirts I scraped primer and old plastidip overspray off the windows.
Still wet sanding and doing the body work I would regret no addressing, even though this is a $600 car... my expectations are low and anything better than the paint I’ll be laying down would cost too much right now and can still be done later. I have a $100 gallon of Viper Red from Summit to use up anyways.
I’ve fixed little things mechanically too. The prop rod was really rattling and make the car sound like it was on its last leg. Used a piece of silicone tube to insulate it under the mount.
Fixed an air leak causing the brake booster not to work.
Fixed the power steering.
with the money I’ll be saving from the paint, I’m going to buy a lip kit and some interior stuff like a radio and steering wheel/shift knob
Thanks! Lots of overspray clean up to do. Engine bay and wheels are bad.
coilovers ordered. I’ll spray the wheel wells black while I’m in there installing the coils. Be a good time to wipe the wheels down too.
Considering going 17x9 +30,35 or 40. Offset depends on the wheel. Thinking it’ll be good to get the wheels/alignment all done at the same time.
Coilovers installed. Ebay specials. Nothing but the most mediocre for my baby! Actually decent quality. Had a chance to spray the fender liners and clean the wheels to hold me off a bit.
I would like to get the boost leak test, front o2, wideband figured out. Saturday I’ll wash it and repaint the wiper cowl painted, and plastidip the trim.