The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash 98 Ecu EcuFlash Issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCal-Gsx

Probationary Member
Sep 21, 2009
Somewhere, California
Ok, So I just picked up and installed a 98 Ecu in my GSX.

When I try to read the ROM image to ECU flash. It keeps saying that It cant be identified, and that I can only look at the rom info, but cannot change anything (i.e. scaling, fuel)

All it lets me look at is the Model/make /year.. which are all also blank.

But the car does start with this Ecu.

Any Info or redirection would be appreciated.

thank you.

how do i go about copying this file to the directory it needs to be in .... is this referring to the ceddy mod?

how do i go about copying this file to the directory it needs to be in .... is this referring to the ceddy mod?

it applies to any 2G DSM ROM... Ecuflash doesn't come with any definitions loaded for the older cars so you have to do it your self... if you want to look at your ROM that you downloaded from your ECU then look in this thread http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tun...dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq.html#post151886574 scroll down a bit and when you find the links to the ROM id that matches what you downloaded right click and save it as *****.XML then put that file in your Ecuflash definition folder (C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\eclipse)...

if you want to check out Ceddys ROM then go here http://ceddy.us/?page_id=16 and save the *.rar file open it up and extract the files then put the *.XML in the same place as the other one... once you do that you should have no problem opening your rom...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back