The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Evoscan/ECUflash issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L0ckett

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 12, 2009
Hanover, Pennsylvania
I was just outside trying to take a look at some DTC's and try to set up the Ceddy Mod v1.5 (trying to find an updated version) and my event log read:

Info: OpenPort 2.0 Found.
Info: OpenPort Firmware v1.10.265
Info: Battery 13.942V
Info: Initialize Vehicle ECU...
Info: Initializing At 5 baud...
<b>Error: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.</b>
Info: Datalogger Ended.

I'm using the Openport 2.0 cable with the reflash connector and I haven't had any issues with it until today. I cannot connect to Evoscan to do any logs or clear/check codes. Any suggestions?

Also I have the Ceddy mod .bin stated above but it doesn't show me the options to turn on the anti-lag, launch control, ect. I loaded the .bin file to ECUflash but I'm lost after that. I'm new to tuning and the flash program so I'm trying to learn and gather as much info as I can. How do I go about getting this to work so I can actually try some of these features?

As far as I know you have to flash your ECU to the ceddy mod with the XML for your car. As of right now you have to flash using v.11 and Ceddy Mod 1.8beta (or one with anti-lag) for those options to show up.

As far as I know you can't check DTC with EvoScan yet. As I just found out 2 days ago when I 1st went to try with mine.

If you need some more help PM me or text my cell phone maybe I can help you out.

727-326-2895
Kendel

Awesome. I may be hitting you up in the next day or two if I have some more questions. I do know though that the DTC feature works as it showed me that I was throwing a Fuel Pressure Solenoid code which I read can be disabled.

Can you, or anybody, give me a "step-by-step" to using the Ceddy mods? I'm hoping Ceddy himself can chime in as well, LOL.

CeddyMods 1.81 Beta is here ->
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/347070-ceddymod-v1-ecuflash-3.html#post152045524

You need to install the XMLs in the proper locations, like it says in that post.
(Never mix XMLs from different versions, use 1.81 XMLs with a 1.81 ROM.)

On the bottom of EvoScan next to the DTC, you should be able to switch between OBD2 and MUT3 DTC. Switch that and see if it will retrieve the DTC.
I somethings have to press it twice to get it to retrieve a DTC.

I just tired every which way just 2 mins ago and still can't pull DTC codes. I could have swore I read that they didn't have the DTC working yet, that's why I installed EvoScan 2.7b thinking that would be the problem.

It wouldn't let me data-log either. I guess my wastegate actuator is messed up and throwing a C/E/L and I don't know what bits to use to disable it since I have EBC and don't use it.

I have windows 7 on a Acer Netbook. I can't get evoscan to do anything.

I just got my wide-band 02 installed today and wanted to do a log so ceddy could help me figure out why I'm sputtering at 6k with the evo9 maps I have leaned out that you sent me but evoscan just does nothing but start up for me. The gauges show nothing when I open them up.

I have my white wire from the wide-band installed into the ecu for the 2nd 02 sensor.

Thanks Ceddy. I tried clicking the dtc button several times and unplugged and reconnected it many times as well and still came up with the same error.

Whay OS are you guys running? You installed ECUFLASH first, right? It has the drivers for the Openport 2.0 cable.
Periphery 2 bit 15 is the solenoid tests. Set it to zero to make it stop testing that all the solenoids are installed.

I'm running Windows 7 which is not listed on the Evoscan site but I hadn't had issues until today. I did download ECUflash first as I was waiting to download Evoscan so I could try and get used to navigating around the program and checking it the features. It said that all my drivers were loaded successfully. If I reinstall the program would I be okay since I don't have the serial number or whatnot it asked for?

I installed windows 7 the day I got my laptop. Installed ECUFlash newest one listed. Installed EvoScan.

Re-flashed my ecu to ceddy mod 1.8b works great.

Evoscan will not connect for me at all. I even tried other programs listed to work with the Open Port 2.0 cable and none of them are working.
It runs threw the list above, I don't see any errors listed and says Reading ECU and says complete with nothing listed. If I attempt to do any actuators it just freezes.

I was trying to ask this question a week again on Ceddy mod page. Should we do a reformat and maybe try this again? I even switched usb ports to see if that helped. I applied administrative rights to the program.

I did find something listing 4 options to why evoscan wouldn't work and one of them is a little complex for me it has me changing settings in Run/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE etc. If I find it I will post it. But it has to do with different saving locations when you use Vista or I would assume Windows 7 also.

Ok I ran it as Windows XP. And the computer said Link Engaged.

I got under OBDII - P1103

Under MUTII or w.e. I got this

Reading MUTII DTCs for EcuID:E4B0
Updated: 02:18:37
Diagnostic Codes:Barometric pressure sensor
Ignition circuit

I tired clearing both codes with car on. Under OBDII and MUTII and the light did not go away, and when I would read the codes nothing popped up but CEL still on.

Now after I turned my car off, I tried to start it, it takes a second or 2 since the rebuild, and I stopped trying, then started trying again and now the car aint coming on... Did I flood it already that quick? If not did the ecu mess up on me? The car was idling fine before I turned it off. Is it possible to jump timing when I turned it off and it just not start. I'll check more in the day time its too late now... Im really angry now if my car messed up.

Go figure, my laptop is running Windows 7 Home basic.

When I was having the issue with the DTC's I couldn't get the light to go out either. What I ended up doing in ECUflash was I did a "Read from ECU" and saved that as a stock.hex file and then reloaded that file back to the ECU and it cleared my light. Maybe that could be of some assistance to you.

Now that I know how to use ECUflash correctly to load Ceddy's mods I was all kinds of excited to come home from work and start playing with it. Well now that's going to be put on hold as I may have possibly totalled my GSX this morning on my way to work. Stay tuned for a thread about it with some not-so-pretty pictures. :-(

Does anyone have an idea what my codes where about? and why my car is not starting now?

Sorry to hear about your car bro..... thats the worst feeling when your baby gets hurt LOL

Got car started but can't log for crap... The box turns yellow on the side and freezes. I had to reflash the car and check the codes again. No codes, then cleared the codes and the CEL went out.

Got evoscan to work. I had to reload windows to vista. I updated the firmware of the open port cable by downloading the Ecuflash beta w/SD card logging. Then installed beta 5 of Evoscan and tried it and it started logging this time.

Im having trouble as well. As soon as i hit datalog, it freezes? Also, i have the data xml that ceddy wrote already in the appropiate folder. Any ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back