The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Ecuflash wont write to 98 ecu. HELP PLEASE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rengar18

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2009
Lancaster, California
So im using the setup pictured below (openport 2.0 with 2.5mm phono plug connected to pin 79, its held now by a bullet connector) I can read/test write to my 98 gsx ecu just fine but it will not let write to it at all. Ive tried to write Ceddymods and the 98 gsx rom in the first flashed ecu thread but I keep getting this error:

[19:29:31.615] kernel flash enable
[19:29:31.633] kernel blank flash page: addr: 0002C000
[19:29:46.642] WARNING: failed to erase page at 0002C000!
[19:29:46.642] kernel flash disable
[19:29:48.649] interface close

Ive read countless threads trying to remedy this but all ive found is "bricked ecu" and so on. The car runs fine with the ecu in...

I just bought the ecu from a fellow dsmr here on tuners with a great feedback but or some reason I cannot get it to write to ecu. Also tried ecu unlocker from evo forums.. no go.

Ive also gotten the voltage up to 13.1 with the car on and still get the same error. Also when I read the stock image off the ecu it says its a unknown definition/rom and I can only save it to my computer or abort it. Is this normal?

Anybody know whats going on/have any suggestions? Maybe I have something hooked up wrong? Really hoping to get this shit figured out tonight or tomorrow as track day is tomorrow/Sunday and looking to get a better time then that 14.7 to the left... thanks guys.

Attachments

• DSC00087.jpg
    DSC00087.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 226
  • ecupic.jpg
    ecupic.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 247
md346676

also in regards to the flash connector, do i take the pin from 79 and attach it str8 to the phono plug or is the setup im using atm (used the phono plug connector from a 98/99 reflash connector and attached pin 79 to it) work alright?

Little late here but I believe the issue was the ECU was not flash compatible in the first place.

PCB code is JE331B33904B which as what ive read isnt flashable. As mentioned in the picture below when I attempted to read the ecu with ecuflash It would read fine and go through the process but after it was done I would get a "unknown" rom and I could only save the rom. When I put it into ROMID it came up as a 98 gsx rom so idk.

Bought another 98 gsx ecu and works great, problem solved. Next time id ask the seller to provide me with a picture o the board so I can make sure the PCB codes match the flashable ecu codes.

I'm getting the same unknown error and my ecu is flash-able for sure. 98GST, all the number match up including the numbers on the CPU. I don't know what the deal is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back