The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - P1104 - Rough Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krileon

Proven Member
Aug 25, 2014
Dalton, Georgia
I've a 97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD that's throwing P1104 (his reader says "Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering") and is idling very rough. There appears to be some sort of hose that is not connected. It seams to have broken off and was apparently puttied on. Below are some pictures of the hose, but I'm not sure if it's relevant to the issue.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My mechanic just fixed the car up again. It has all new belts, new water pump, and new exhaust. He had to put it back into time twice now. It broke down in town and wouldn't start at all (it tried though) and once he put it back in time it started right up, but now it's idling rough and throwing that error code. Once you get up to speed it seams to run perfectly fine. The car also sat for a good 3 years up to a month ago when we started fixing it up.

My mechanic threw out his shoulder working on it so he can't work on it any further for awhile so trying to get this figured out and make sure it's safe for my son to drive. My mechanic says it's ok to drive, but I'm not comfortable with the rough idle as it already broke down in town before on my son and don't want to have to go through that again.

Ever figure out the problem? I am getting the same cel codes as you and occasionally getting a rough idle like that also. I am going to try and check if the FPS and waste gate solenoid are bad, but idk how. I also had a glued hose on my bov like that but I replaced my bov with a greddy type rs.. Also it feels like it loses power or fuel, its not as fast as it should be..

don't take it too hard on your self timming is just a thing that needs redone. I have a 91 fwd auto turbo... fried ecm..... cant find one anywhere:banghead: hopfully ecmtuning will be able to help. but it could always be worse... don't forget that LOL good luck man let us know how it goes.

Sorry to thread jack or anything like it but I've got a black box ecu from a 97 spyder gst fwd...just trying to help out. Sorry guys! :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back