The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

97-99 Engine.....???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chovis38

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 1, 2003
Plainfield, Illinois
I know up until 1992 and a half were the 6 bolts, and from 1992 and a half up are the 7 bolts; does that include 1997-1999? Cuz I know the 95-96's are the ones primarily associated with crankwalk, however, I am not sure what happened in 1997 to correct the problem. Did the go back to the 6 bolt block, or did they use the 7 bolt and corrected the crankwalk? Someone please help.

They are still 7 bolts. And crankwalk wasn't totally fixed - some 97-99's experienced it, too.

It seems they started figuring out what was wrong, though, as there are a lot less. Some people think they did something with the oil squirters, others think they improved their machining tolerances, some think they used better thrust bearings. I'm sure there are 20 billion other theories about it, also.

Some aren't altogether too sure that ALL 4G63's don't experience CW - meaning that it may have occurred on even the 6-bolts, but maybe going more unnoticed due to the fact that the CAS wasn't getting destroyed when/if it happened.

Yeah, I know there are a bigillion reasons WHY crankwalk happens....... oh well. Thank you very much for your information. I appreciate it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back