The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 95-96 engine harness same as 97-99?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
I have read many different answers for this question, so im hoping to find an answer from someone with experience doing this.

The engine harness in my 1998 GSX is toast, and I dont have the patience to repair it, so im in search of a 97-99 harness. But I can only seem to find 95-96 harness's.

Will a 2ga harness plug and play into a 2gb? I hate wiring so im trying to avoide it, but a little wire work wont kill me. I have located a few parts cars in the area, so I have access to all the parts that the harness plugs into as well if there are any differances.

OR, if you happen to have a 2gb manual turbo harness, shoot me a PM ;)

Thanks!

Everything should be swappable with the exception of the CAS harness.

+1

You could swap over your cas plug from your harness pretty easily and then use all your same sensors. Another route would be to leave the 2ga plugs on the harness and convert over to a 1g cas adapted to the 2ga plug. It's only three wires a power, ground, and signal. I used a 2ga cam and 2ga crank sensor pig tails and ran them into a 1ga cas so I could just plug right in to my 2ga stock harness. No splices to worry about that way.

Which harness are you looking for to put in? The engine harness or the bulky fuse box harness?

The ECU to engine harness. Im pretty sure the fuse box harness is the same from 2ga to 2gb (need to swap that one soon too)

Im running a 6 bolt swap so Im not sure how I would need to wire in the CAS. could probibly just look up how to wire a 1g CAS into a 95 harness

Im pretty sure the fuse box harness is the same from 2ga to 2gb (need to swap that one soon too)

No It isnt unless youre not running ABS. 95 to 96 has a 2 part plug for the abs hydrolic brake unit and the 97 to 99 has just one massive plug. But any how the CAS just has 3 wires you would just have to extend them (add more wire) so it would reach over to the other side as the 2ga is under the cam gears and 2gb is on the pass side of the head. Im sure someone has done a write up some where on here of how to do it. Oh and fyi I got a 2ga engine harness for sale PM me if interested LOL :thumb:

You don't have to extend the wires. You just unloom them and pull them back to the other side and reloom them. They all feed from the tranny side anyway so cutting is not necessary. Just some patience pulling electrical tape off the loom and retaping when your done. :D

Last edited:
You don't have to extend the wires. You just unloom them and pull them back to the other side and reloom them. They all feed from the tranny side anyway so cutting is not necessary. Just some patience pulling electrical tape off the loom and retaping when your done. :D

Well considering theyre different style plugs eventually your gonna have to cut and attach the different style connector. :thumb:

Did you have an issue with the MFI relay?

I have a 95 harness I'm installing in a 97 both MTX.
The differences in the CAS issue is already taken care of.

My issue is the 95 MFI relay Is different, and I don't have a 95 MFI relay. I do have the 97
MFI relays.

Can I repin the 95 harness, into the 97 plugs to fit the 97 relay.
I'm sure you can, they both have 8 pins, only one wire is a different color.

Any ideas?

every thing is the same except a plug to the coolant over flow tank. which i didnt even use.. no effect.. i have a 99 harness on my 95. the original 95 grounded to the fuse box bracket and burnt up my whole front harness. harness is interchangeable. should not be a problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back