The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 93 talon has starting issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barons77

Probationary Member
Mar 5, 2012
Columbia, Pennsylvania
Ok so my 93 talon has been having issues starting for about 2 weeks now. It takes about 10 to 15 cranks to get it to actually start up, and then when it does it idles rough and dies until the car is warmed up. When it first starts if i give it any gas it dies. After about ten minutes the car runs great. After i shut it off if it sits for more than 3 to 4 hours then the same thing happens. It also is harder to start the colder it is outside. Also the check engine light comes on after it warms up and doesnt turn off unless i shut the car off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

alright so i checked the codes and got 3, a cts code, intake air temp sensor, and barometric pressure sensor. I replaced the cts today and it is still throwing the code. thanks again for the help

Temp sensor will make a world of difference, man. Sounds exactly like what was happening to our Spyder. Changed it out and it's a whole new car!

I was having issues with cold starts as well and cleaned the CTS, and now it is much improved. It still takes a couple cranks though, so I'd like to replace it. I checked Rockauto.com and they did not have it. Where is a good place to buy one?

Well if its a 1g, the Baro ad iat are integrated with the maf. Sounds like maybe you have a bad mass air flow sensor also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back