The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

'95 TSI fuel/starting issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIflyer95

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2011
Columbia, South_Carolina
Hey guys,

Yes I am new here, I have been searching but I just can't seem to find anything that is definitive.

I recently bought a '95 TSI with a 6 bolt swap. It has some mods too it. 1g rods, 2g pistons, he claims it has BC272's but I don't believe it as they are SUPER quiet, S-AFC, and it had a walbro 255 in it.

Well when I bought the car I knew it had an issue. I was pretty darn sure it was the fuel pump. He said it was about 2-3 years old and the problem was that when going into boost, around 5 PSI it would start to miss.

Well I was positive that it was the pump as my buddy was having the same issue in his car.

I took out the fuel pump and checked the filter, it was black as black gets. FILTHY. So I got a new one and then when trying to boost it would now go up to 12 psi then start missing.

So this is where I am at now:

I was driving today and the car just crapped out. It wouldn't stay running. If I got the car started and had about %50 throttle it would run but not idle. It would die out.

So I got my new 255 today. I was in the parking lot changing it where it broke down. The pressure line ripped so I replaced that.

Well now, with the BRAND NEW pump in, I turn the key, and the pump no longer primes, no noises, no nothing. I try to turn the car over. It turns over perfectly. But WILL NOT FIRE.

I am thinking the full pump relay shot due to over running the old pump. I am unsure.

I need help asap. This is the only car I have that is road worthy right now.

Also, I am newish to DSM. I work on cars a lot but have never owned a DSM.

ya i just bought a 95 tsi fwd automatic about a month ago and it starts and idles really bad and when i put it in drive or reverse it moves at idle but as soon as i give it gas it dies, any suggestions?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back