The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G issues with starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkinter412

Probationary Member
Oct 31, 2011
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
i have a 95 talon with a 6 bolt swap and friday night i was out and met up with a couple of my friends i turned the car off and was talking to them and when it came time to leave my car wouldnt start i had a guy jump it and it took a minute then finally turned over but when i went to leave it bogged down an died again only this time to not even fire up while trying to jump only made a clicking noise and my temp guage would go straight to hot now i have the car home and replaced the battery and starter and its still making the same noise and a slight grinding noise and the temp guage still goes straight up to hot i tightended all the connections and everything and it still wont try and fire any ideas?

I believe you guys are trying to refer to the temperature sensor. I suppose if the computer thinks the car is way hot, I could see that keeping it from starting, but I'm not 100% on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
did this ever get resolved? i agree it sounds like a coolant temp sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back