The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 93 Eagle Talon ES won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9EagleTalon3

Probationary Member
Jul 5, 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Hello DSMTuner's member,

Recently I bought a 93 Talon. Had it for about 1 months and a half then it died on me. I had my cousin who took a look at it and said it might be the alternator and needs a new one and new battery. I also had a friend who only works with honda's look at the car and said the same thing. So I'm thinking of getting a new alternator for my car but at the same time I notice a wire hanging from the bottom going with/to the alternator but do not know what it is. Can that wire be the fault my alternator is failing?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That looks to be for your oil pressure sensor, did your oil gauge work?

Ah, is it suppose to be hanging like that? If not, where is it suppose to go to? I can't tell if the oil gauge work's or not as my car doesn't turn on atm. Need to replace the alternator and battery. Or is there an other way to tell?

No it shouldn't. Where it says oil pressure sender. At the tip of it there should be a little
Tab that looks like a thumbtack slide it in there.

Ohh, okay. Thanks MiroDSM, will take a look into that tomorrow morning when I wake up. Pretty dark outside at the moment.

I still can't seems to find where it go.. doesn't seems like I can slide the thingy anywhere. Help?

Someone removed the oil pressure sender & put a brass pipe thread plug in it's place.
Get another sender, install it then connect it up.

How did the car die did it die slowly or all of a sudden if it slowly turned off its the alt. and I think its a good idea to have all your gauges working that oil pressure switch isn't that expensive and could save you from ruining your engine in the long run

Well it pretty much completely died on me on July 1st or 2nd. I always start my car every day although I don't drive it much. One day I went to start up my car it wouldn't completely start like it's lacking power. So once I turn the key and it would sound like it's going to startup I would give it some gas to get it started.

Kind of something like this: Ford F-250 Diesel Cranks up - YouTube

But finally it died on me the next day after that. So I just thought the battery died. Next day I try start jumping my car but it didn't start. My cousin who live in Michigan was over for the 4th of July took a look at it and said it seems to be lacking power and said it needs oil change and if it doesn't start up then it's the alternator. You will end up needing a new battery as well. So we determine it was the alternator. Had one of my friend who only knows and work with honda's car look at it few days later. We changed the oil and he hooked up his battery on his Civic onto mine and the car started when I stepped on the clutch and turned the key. Was happy it started for a sec. Then he said to disconnect the battery when the car was starting and which we disconnected it and it died. So he said it's the alternator. The car should still be running once you disconnected the battery when the car started up. He showed/did it on his Civic for me too see, it didn't need the the battery to keep it running when it started up. So I placed an order on an alternator and it should be coming today and looking to replace the alternator on Thursday with the help of my friend.

So.. either one of those part I listed are the right the part I needed right?

Im guessing this should work and is the right part right?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...zpi5Z8znc6?itemIdentifier=123836_168577_8537_

As the wire only seems to slide into something and not plug into something.

Okay, so I got my alternator replaced & the car started up and running now. Went to bought a new Duralast/Oil Pressure Switch from autozone. Took out that one screw and screwed the Duralast/Oil Pressure Switch on. Turned on the the car, and the oil pressure on the dash goes up high or the to "H". But then if I start up the car and let it idle or even if I'm driving, the the pressure on the dash slowly is dropping. Im sure the oil is high since we just did the oil change less then 2 weeks ago. So if the turn the car off and then on again the oil pressure on the dash will go back up and then low again. Is this normal? Or why does it keep doing this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back