The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

92 talon no start need help ***RESOLVED***

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzellerr

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2007
boise, Idaho
searched, found some related stuff with similar problems, but i know the motor is not toast LOL.

92 tsi manual transmission. car was in a slight wreck, was running apon impact.
bought it for a swap.

checked fuel with starting fluid, dont hear the fuel pump at all. have spark, timing is good, belt is good, plugs are good, cranks fine with jump box and battery.
compression is 150+ all across, not over 160. gaps on plugs are within spec. does have a broken radiator, might be the water sensor, but not sure on that one. should not make a difference i hope.

trying to hear it run before i yank it out and swap it into my project car so any help will be appreciated!

dazz

Pull out the spark plugs and make sure they are not wet, you might have flooded the engine by cranking it so many times. just and idea because it happened to me a few weeks ago.

thanks for the help fella's, seems as though i didnt put enough starting fluid in there, got some help doing it and she fired up on starting fluid. no fuel pump though, probably a relay or fuse, injectors are getting pulse though.

engine sounds great too. time to tear it out LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back