The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

92 engine in a 95...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i think its an early 7 bolt too. lets just say its a 7 bolt. what would it need?
i figure if its a 6bolt it would be worth the extra effort to put it in... im just not looking to put that much into it right now. i realize it would be better in the long run. but im just out to make a quick buck. so it would benifit me more to just replace than swap an engine.

lots of things you're gonna need to get. After my experince... I'd say keep it in the same generation.

well, you don't often hear about 1g seven bolts walking, so it'd still be worth dropping it. But like the dude said, a quick buck? don't mess with it unless you're going to drop a 2g seven bolt right back in.

yeah, the 1st gen 6-bolt is the popular swap for our 2g's. It might be a difficult swap, but there are instructions and forums everywhere that can help you. If you DO have the early 7-bolt, go ahead and put that in if you want, just know that it might have some issues later on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back