The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

91 abs leaks.. can i rebuild.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2009
roseville, Michigan
hey guys.. i have a 91 awd auto with abs and there is a small pinhole leak on one of the vertical bars.. i am not sure if i can take it apart or not. and if i do is there some o rings i can replace?

if not. i guess i will look into abs delete.. but wont i have to run new rear lines?

mine leaked too. i didn't feel like even trying to fix it. all you need is the non-abs proportioning valve, front brake lines, and the lines that will go from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve (as opposed to from the mc to the abs).

what about the back brake lines? hmm how hard is this to do with the motor in (in the abs car) the motor is out of the non abs donor

nothing needs to be done to the rear brake lines, they connect to the proportioning valve on both abs and non-abs. when i did mine i just cut the lines to get them out. putting them in was easier than trying to remove uncut lines for some reason, probably because the non-abs lines don't go mc -> abs -> prop valve -> wheels and just mc -> prop valve -> wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back