The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

90 Oil Cooler fittings / electrical

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefferino

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2003
Detroit, Michigan
Okay so I was told that the best thing would be to get a filter housing from a 90 so I could take advantage of the external cooler. Now there are only a couple problems I have. I have a awesome B&M cooler and when I went to get lines I wasn't sure what size aeroquip to get for the housing. Anyone know? I went to a muscle car shop and they just gave me shit about it being a import. Also, I noticed that on the housing there are a couple wires and stuff...what are these for and would mine have it? My motor is from a 91 in a 95. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jefferino said:
Okay so I was told that the best thing would be to get a filter housing from a 90 so I could take advantage of the external cooler. Now there are only a couple problems I have. I have a awesome B&M cooler and when I went to get lines I wasn't sure what size aeroquip to get for the housing. Anyone know? I went to a muscle car shop and they just gave me shit about it being a import. Also, I noticed that on the housing there are a couple wires and stuff...what are these for and would mine have it? My motor is from a 91 in a 95. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M16-1.5 is the size and threads of the external ports

summit sells the metric to -AN adapters that you will need for the filter housing, Machv does as well but Machv only sells adapters to -8AN. I'm running -10 AN lines so I went to summit to get them.

Also, I believe you have to get the special o-rings for the filter housing. machv sells them as well. Its jsut an oring sort of tha goes between the fitting and filter housing.

Thanks so much guys that helps alot. One more thing...suggestions on where to mount this bad boy? I have a B&M race cooler that is quite large. I was thinking possibly the wheel well since my FMIC is 27x11x3. Suggestions, pictures, etc?

You guys rock btw!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back