The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 90 ecu work with dsmlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmy4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2007
baltimore, Maryland
is a90 ecu able to be socketed and used with dsmlink? the reason i ask is because i was told 90 ecu's are not able to run dsm link set up. so......is this guy full of it? or is this true? if iam not able to. what would i have to do to get the link set up and going? :confused:

If the ecu is an eprom it can be used. 90 eprom ecu's are rare. See if it's like this: DSMLink - FAQ - EPROM

If it's not an eprom you need to get one from another car. If it comes from a 91-94 you will need to swap pins 9 and 14. Or you can wait till V3 comes out. V3 will be able to work with a non eprom. You will have to send your ecu in to get work done by them for it to work though.

If the ecu is an eprom it can be used. 90 eprom ecu's are rare. See if it's like this: DSMLink - FAQ - EPROM

If it's not an eprom you need to get one from another car. If it comes from a 91-94 you will need to swap pins 9 and 14. Or you can wait till V3 comes out. V3 will be able to work with a non eprom. You will have to send your ecu in to get work done by them for it to work though.

no its not eprom. i just got done checking the numbers. good thing though its got new caps installed last year. i think i might just wait till the v3 comes out. that way i'll have an egt and and a good wide band set up before i start pushing hard on the car. 18-g is far from hitting sweet spot at only 14psi.

thanks for help. by any chance you got a link with more info on v3 link?
:talon:

The only link I have goes to the dsmlink forums. Only people that have bought dsmlink cann log on there. I can tell you that they have people testing V3 right now to tell them of any problems with it.

Not to knock anyone but don't hold your breath for a v3 of link. Even if the numbers on your ECU don't match I would still open it up and look at the chip. Cases have been swapped on these things before. If it is not a eprom look around they can be found for 90's.

Not to knock anyone but don't hold your breath for a v3 of link. Even if the numbers on your ECU don't match I would still open it up and look at the chip. Cases have been swapped on these things before. If it is not a eprom look around they can be found for 90's.
thats what i did. dam thig is in a tight spot. also went ahead and removed the harness trap next to it so i can remove it again later and not be pullin on the harness wire to much. (got to remember she tured 18 this passed june) :coy:

Not to Hijack but what does v3 have compared to v2?

Load based tuning, more rpm points to tune, will have speed density capability after it's released. You have access to the forums just search for "new version" and the thread will show up, it's like 15 pages long.

Load based tuning, more rpm points to tune, will have speed density capability after it's released. You have access to the forums just search for "new version" and the thread will show up, it's like 15 pages long.

It's pins 6 and 14 just to clearify.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back