1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G 8an feed 6an return

Posted by SNAKE_15, Mar 28, 2018

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. SNAKE_15

SNAKE_15 Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2012
    Bakersfield, California
    Ok I know this subject has been beat to death and I've looked at just about all threads on this subject, but I'm still unsure so looking for advice on people who actually did this setup on a 2g awd car. My main concern is the 8an feed part from tank, I will be running 8an from tank to rail and 6an from return to rail.

What 8an fitting did you use exactly and how did you modify the hanger that avoided any clearance issues?

I plan to use the aeromotive 340 fuel pump which says is a direct fit to stock hanger. This is what I was going to use. I would run straight 6an but I already bought an 8an fuelab fuel filter with line to rail and fuel rail end fitting

Screenshot_20180327-223251_Messenger.jpg

photol (1).jpg

2K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    manual · Galant VR-4
  2. SNAKE_15

SNAKE_15 Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2012
    Bakersfield, California
    Hey guys, finished removing my fuel lines and doing my 2g awd fuel pump hanger fittings..

Question, has anybody used these stm bulkhead fittings? I went with these but I heard there are clearance issues with 2gs where the fitting sits too tall stopping you from putting the cover plate and seat back on.

Also, did you guys use a regular swivel 90 for the bulkhead fitting or have a link to the one you used? Mainly looking from 2g owners experience since 1gs have more clearance

Screenshot_20200508-160033_Chrome.jpg

2K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    manual · Galant VR-4
  3. honda_burner

honda_burner Proven Member

Joined Jun 25, 2011
    westfield, Massachusetts
    I found an adapter that threaded onto the stock housing to run my feed line. I also turned the old feed line into the return by swapping rubber hoses around. I'm sure it's not a perfect power making set up but I'm not shooting for the moon so it should suit my needs.

Street Build 1K  20

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Bleakley

Bleakley Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2017
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I have used STM’s and ExtremePSI’s bulkhead fitting on 2G FWD, don’t have direct experience with AWD.
    I was left severely disappointed. The ID is NOWHERE NEAR -8AN ID (Full 8AN @ 0.5” and 0.4”(ish) on the low end). It’s pathetic at like 5/16” (0.3125”).

The fitment topside in my opinion is irrelevant in comparison to fitment between bottom of tank and hanger. You’re so limited it’s unreal. I have yet to see a fitting documented granting stocklike fitment w/ actual -8AN ID. Hell, I’d even appreciate full -6AN @ 0.375” to compliment Earl’s lines, but nope. Lol.

The only true solutions I’ve seen or come up with are:
    -Aftermarket hanger.
    -CNC spacer for stock hanger (Which requires you to cut / refab car for clearance —> Which also makes you cut foam out of seat for stocklike interior appearance)
    -Custom manual lathe or CNC Stainless bulkhead improving on the STM fitting (You literally have to make your own fitting. Lol.)

Street Build 1K  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  5. punk3rz

punk3rz Supporting Member

Joined Jun 1, 2012
    Surgoinsville, Tennessee
    I thought the same thing until I realized the Walbro’s output ID is the same as the -8an bulkhead so you’re not bottlenecking it at all.

Street Build 1K  16

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM