The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 8an feed 6an return

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE_15

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2012
Bakersfield, California
Ok I know this subject has been beat to death and I've looked at just about all threads on this subject, but I'm still unsure so looking for advice on people who actually did this setup on a 2g awd car. My main concern is the 8an feed part from tank, I will be running 8an from tank to rail and 6an from return to rail.

What 8an fitting did you use exactly and how did you modify the hanger that avoided any clearance issues?

I plan to use the aeromotive 340 fuel pump which says is a direct fit to stock hanger. This is what I was going to use. I would run straight 6an but I already bought an 8an fuelab fuel filter with line to rail and fuel rail end fitting

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey guys, finished removing my fuel lines and doing my 2g awd fuel pump hanger fittings..

Question, has anybody used these stm bulkhead fittings? I went with these but I heard there are clearance issues with 2gs where the fitting sits too tall stopping you from putting the cover plate and seat back on.

Also, did you guys use a regular swivel 90 for the bulkhead fitting or have a link to the one you used? Mainly looking from 2g owners experience since 1gs have more clearance

I found an adapter that threaded onto the stock housing to run my feed line. I also turned the old feed line into the return by swapping rubber hoses around. I'm sure it's not a perfect power making set up but I'm not shooting for the moon so it should suit my needs.

I have used STM’s and ExtremePSI’s bulkhead fitting on 2G FWD, don’t have direct experience with AWD.
I was left severely disappointed. The ID is NOWHERE NEAR -8AN ID (Full 8AN @ 0.5” and 0.4”(ish) on the low end). It’s pathetic at like 5/16” (0.3125”).

The fitment topside in my opinion is irrelevant in comparison to fitment between bottom of tank and hanger. You’re so limited it’s unreal. I have yet to see a fitting documented granting stocklike fitment w/ actual -8AN ID. Hell, I’d even appreciate full -6AN @ 0.375” to compliment Earl’s lines, but nope. Lol.

The only true solutions I’ve seen or come up with are:
-Aftermarket hanger.
-CNC spacer for stock hanger (Which requires you to cut / refab car for clearance —> Which also makes you cut foam out of seat for stocklike interior appearance)
-Custom manual lathe or CNC Stainless bulkhead improving on the STM fitting (You literally have to make your own fitting. Lol.)

I have used STM’s and ExtremePSI’s bulkhead fitting on 2G FWD, don’t have direct experience with AWD.
I was left severely disappointed. The ID is NOWHERE NEAR -8AN ID (Full 8AN @ 0.5” and 0.4”(ish) on the low end). It’s pathetic at like 5/16” (0.3125”).

The fitment topside in my opinion is irrelevant in comparison to fitment between bottom of tank and hanger. You’re so limited it’s unreal. I have yet to see a fitting documented granting stocklike fitment w/ actual -8AN ID. Hell, I’d even appreciate full -6AN @ 0.375” to compliment Earl’s lines, but nope. Lol.

The only true solutions I’ve seen or come up with are:
-Aftermarket hanger.
-CNC spacer for stock hanger (Which requires you to cut / refab car for clearance —> Which also makes you cut foam out of seat for stocklike interior appearance)
-Custom manual lathe or CNC Stainless bulkhead improving on the STM fitting (You literally have to make your own fitting. Lol.)

I thought the same thing until I realized the Walbro’s output ID is the same as the -8an bulkhead so you’re not bottlenecking it at all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back