The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

-8an supply line, -6an return

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggys95tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 6, 2006
O.C, New_York
just wondering if anybody has put these size SS lines on their 2G's. I have the Fuellab filter and the stock fuel rail, and I am wondering what AN fittings were used so i can go buy them now and have as little down time as possible. I tried to search and only found from the filter to the rail. thanx for all input:thumb:

A lot of people run this setup (-8 feed and -6 return). I'd need a bit more info to be able to help you out with specific fittings.

What size outlets are on your Fuelab filter?
What AFPR are you running?
Where is it mounted (might determine if you need 90*, 45*, or some other fitting)? Do you want to run -8 all the way to the AFPR and then just -6 as the return?

I have that setup on my car. Here is the post that talked about it:http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222971. Just so you know, this is a custom job and isn't too cheap. To do this right, you will need someone that can weld for you. You may order your parts from summitracing.com or jegs.com. Be prepaired to spend a few hundred dollars and to spend your entire weekend doing this.

I just got done doing that and installing a inline walbro aswell. I was a little worried that my base pressure would be to high but sofar its working out great.

I just got done doing that and installing a inline walbro aswell. I was a little worried that my base pressure would be to high but sofar its working out great.

Did you get used to the whine from the inline pump yet?

Def. interesting sound with both going! especially at idle (Not use to it yet, still kind of loud). But I am past the point of caring since I already run a 3"inch exhaust, turbo cams, solid mounts and external dump and 1660cc injectors trying to idle with E-85. Heres a few pics. You can get some fittings that go straight from walbro inline to -8AN on Ebay.

Attachments

• resiez1pump.JPG
    resiez1pump.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 962
  • resizewire.JPG
    resizewire.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 970
  • pumphousing.JPG
    pumphousing.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 968
looks good, but maybe for a future project. I allready have lines and the filter, my FPR is the A1000,, not too sure of the fittings, i can buy the different sizes and test and return if need be, not really worried. can the lines just go to the in-tank assembly as be with no welding and just by using fittings? kinda liek a quick deal, that after this weekend, the welding can begin.LOL

Yes. Check out this link - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254501

They drilled out the old feed area and just put a bulkhead fitting in there. No welding needed.

Actually, this method will only work with a 1g. The 2g fuel pump sits too close to the underside of the housing to use an intermediate soft hose like in that link.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222971&highlight=fuel+system

Check out that link - he describes his process.

I did this setup on my 2g as well along with the bulkheads on the fump assembly itself. We welded a -8 bung onto the end of the stock rail. I also and running an inline Fuellab filter.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

AuntiesTsi, very nice pics!

I have a few questions for you. How did you modify the top of the pump housing to accept the two bulkhead fittings? Any welding or is it just bolt on? How do you have the one bulkhead fitting attached to the pump? What do you have coming into the tank off of the bulkhead that is connected to the return line? And the picture with the 2 ss lines - is that your feed and return lines?

My buddy actually made the pump setup so I didn't see exactly how he did it. I know he obviously had to drill the holes for the bulkbulk head fittings, it does look like he "clocked" the assembly a little bit which required some welding. The O Ring on the pump in a perfect fit to just to shoved up into the -8 feed bulkhead. The return is pretty much just dumping straight from the bulkhead, and those are my feed and return lines respectively.

You mean the hard line he has coming off the top? It's just another way of doing it. You don't see too many pics of this modification. Just figured I'd try and help by showing other ways.

And I don't think he had pics of the whole housing. I either posted or PM'd him about them but he didn't take any and wasn't going to take his housing out any time soon. Maybe you can try and see if you could get some from him.

I just want to know if there's anyone else that has done a bosch 044 setup in tank in a 2g awd. I am about to undergo this, and doing it blind is not something I enjoy. So i am looking for at least confirmation that it has been done, and can be done, pictures would be a definite plus.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back