The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 7-BOLT BSE HELICAL GEAR VS STRAIGHT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

952g63t

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2012
Summit Point, West_Virginia
I've read mixed opinions about this and wanted to get it sorted out. I was going to run with the new helical gears that came with my front case replacement but after reading something 95talongirl (sorry lost the link) posted about her gears chewing up the pump housing (which is thought to have been caused by the axial load angle on the driven gear because there is no counter weight which the normal shaft provides) I was looking for clarification.

I would rather run straight cut gears anyways, but I also read some mixed opinions about the straight cut gears being completely incompatible with a 7-bolt front case.

I thought both gear sets were identical accept for the gear design?

Ref.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back