The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

60-1 to upgrade or convert to t4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Well my setups in my profile. Im on a fully built g4cs, ported head, fp2 cams and manley valve springs. Still old school vpc/afc2/eprom stage 3 chip and 880cc injectors. Walbro 255hp. Im pretty tuned right now 25psi on pump 0 knock running 11.2-11.5 on the wideband. Im looking to make more power. Right now the turbo is a to4e 60-1 with a t4 p trim turbine wheel bolt on with the bullseye housing. I figure maybe going to a t67 or something of that caliber, but know that i could probably go to a t3 or t4 turbine housing with a nicely sized a/r would net me bigger numbers and un choke that turbine wheel. I was just seeing if anyone had any insite, im considering a .84 a/r t4 turbine, i know ill be spooling around 4800 or so on which i dont care about. Also mayber putting a s cover on it. I want mid low 10s out of this sucker. Aem is also in the want/need list

Well, i can't help you decide, but i can tell you my experiences with ful garret t3/4 hybrids. I have a 57 trm stage III turbine and i started with a .82 ar. The 57 actually spools slower than the 60-1 due to it's design, as can be seen in it's compressor map. I was spooling to full boost by around 4500 with a .82 AR and when i downsized to a .63 ar hot side it lowered my spool by only about 300.

I don't know a lot about the bullseye housing or how restrictive it is, but if it bolts to a mitsu manifold i'll bet it's shoking you back pretty good.

On my last motor (same external mods) I did 360'ish on pump and 468hp and 429tq with teh .82 housing. now with cams when i went back to the dyno on roughly a similar tune i was down to 332hp on pump, and that's after adding cams. I'm not saying any of it's directly related, but take it for what it is. My experience with a large (.82ar) and that i did make more top end, but suffered on street driving, the .63 helped some but only marginally on the low wnd and seems to have choked down the top end some

I will say though, you will not regret the T-67, my friend pulled on off his car recently to upgrade to a T-71 and honestly the car was performing better on the t-67. I've been tuning on it, but All the bugs still aren't dialed out of the 71 yet though either

Well, i can't help you decide, but i can tell you my experiences with ful garret t3/4 hybrids. I have a 57 trm stage III turbine and i started with a .82 ar. The 57 actually spools slower than the 60-1 due to it's design, as can be seen in it's compressor map. I was spooling to full boost by around 4500 with a .82 AR and when i downsized to a .63 ar hot side it lowered my spool by only about 300.

I don't know a lot about the bullseye housing or how restrictive it is, but if it bolts to a mitsu manifold i'll bet it's shoking you back pretty good.

On my last motor (same external mods) I did 360'ish on pump and 468hp and 429tq with teh .82 housing. now with cams when i went back to the dyno on roughly a similar tune i was down to 332hp on pump, and that's after adding cams. I'm not saying any of it's directly related, but take it for what it is. My experience with a large (.82ar) and that i did make more top end, but suffered on street driving, the .63 helped some but only marginally on the low wnd and seems to have choked down the top end some

I will say though, you will not regret the T-67, my friend pulled on off his car recently to upgrade to a T-71 and honestly the car was performing better on the t-67. I've been tuning on it, but All the bugs still aren't dialed out of the 71 yet though either

Well thanks for the post, you dont have to help me decide. I like input of people who have or have some kind of a comparsion. I mean i know and have read of guys on 8cm and 7cm reds going deep into the 10s trapping high 130s and low 140s. Considering im running a p trim turbine wheel i figure i have alot more top end power to work with, but i think the bolt on housing which is considered a .55 a/r im pretty sure. I think even a .63 or a .70 a/r would be a nice swap, considering it will keep the turbo spool up rpm alittle lower and net more a hell of alot more top end. The t67 is probably still gonna be going on, but i know this turbo has alot more steam in it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back