The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

6 bolt to a 2g A/T tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2004
Waterford, ON_Canada
would anyone know if a 2g a/t Tranny has the same splines on the input
shaft as a 1g tranny? or can you get a 6 bolt flex plate to mach up
with a 2g Torque Converter?

I used a 90 at N/T flex plate and had the tq modded ( check my gallery for pics) . Also you have to open up the piolet bushing for the crank .

what was modded on your tc? and did you get a shop to do it or did you mod the tc yourself.

2G tcs have 4 mounting pads for the flex plate the 1g at only has 3 that is what I had modded . It as done by a shop here in Mich that rebuilds tcs .

not all 1g flex plates have 3 mounting holes. i have a 92 gsx auto and mine has 4. i put a 2g tranny and converter in my 1g. all i did is egg the holes out to match the 2g converter. i also had to put the converter in a lathe and take some material off the back of the converter to make it work. you can't use a 1g converter in a 2g tranny because the 1g is not a lockup and the 2g is. you would have to get a custom converter made.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back