The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

6-Bolt in a 2g auto trans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiteboyz

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2009
Albany, New_York
i know someone is going to say search and i have searched and the info is very limited with auto transmissions, i've called jacks transmissions i've called stm and i've called a few other places, nobody seems to know squat about this. does anyone know what parts i will need to mate a 2g auto tranny with a 1990 6 bolt? i've found the kiggly kit, is there another one not as expensive or can anyone tell me what other parts i'll need besides that? the engine is being fully rebuilt.

this is going in a 99 gst auto

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is something different you have to use? News to me. We installed a 6-bolt into a 92 Summit wagon. The transmission we used is from an RVR (turbo model) from Japan. The transmission is a 2g transmission. We just used the 1g/6-bolt flex plate with it. Little wagon is running low 13's on a T-28. No transmission issues.

There is something different you have to use? News to me. We installed a 6-bolt into a 92 Summit wagon. The transmission we used is from an RVR (turbo model) from Japan. The transmission is a 2g transmission. We just used the 1g/6-bolt flex plate with it. Little wagon is running low 13's on a T-28. No transmission issues.

the kit that kiggly sells is specifically for the 6-bolt in a 2g car. The 2g W4A33 transmission has a lock-up torque converter so the transmission is different from the W4A33 found in the RVR's. FWIW i run an RVR in my 1g talon, no kit was needed.

The reason the rvr trans works is because it's not a 2g transmission. It's a 1g type transmission with 2g mounts. The converter is not a lock up, like the 2g trans. If you try to bolt a lock up converter trans to a 7bolt, with stock hardware, the converter tries to go to far into the trans, and damages the pump.

Buy the Kiggly parts and be done with it. Everything will work correctly with the kit. The reason this kit is needed is without it you will damage the Transmission pump due to having the incorrect torque converter spacing.

The Kiggly flexplate is also a beefy piece as well. Kevin is a great guy to deal with and I stand by his products to the fullest!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back