The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 6 bolt Head studs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyky819

5+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2018
Otis orchards, Washington
Hey all. I was wondering what makes more sense for my application. I have a 6 bolt swap 2g with a fp green xl turbo at 30 psi and the car runs awesome and pulls great but I wanted to redo the head gasket and head studs since I have no prior knowledge of them. My question is since the head gasket isn’t leaking should I just redo the head studs or should I just do everything? I have l19s in a box and a new felpro head gasket. Thanks

Hey all. I was wondering what makes more sense for my application. I have a 6 bolt swap 2g with a fp green xl turbo at 30 psi and the car runs awesome and pulls great but I wanted to redo the head gasket and head studs since I have no prior knowledge of them. My question is since the head gasket isn’t leaking should I just redo the head studs or should I just do everything? I have l19s in a box and a new felpro head gasket. Thanks
If those are the oem studs they have to be replaced when tightened they stretch the threads and are not the same anymore. ARP stud kit are reusable if the threads haven't been damaged. I just put a HG in tonight and am using my ARP s for the 3rd time LOL they are worth every penny IMO.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Once you tare in that far it's a great opportunity to freshen up some hot maintenance items to insure the durability of your engine.
Timing items belts pulleys tensioner amd water pump ect.
Once the head gasket is release from compression I dont think i would put Faith into the HG sealing properly, i would use the new felpro you got. You can also apply copper spray to that compite HG to seal minor imperfections on the deck surfaces. But i would deck the head at the very least that iron block puts a beating on that aluminum head and scews its flatness. So to answer your quest should i do everything? I would but thats just me. I would put it on jack stands and collect a part at a time until i got all the needed items that way you dont have to take the timing belts out again to replace something that was neglected.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back