The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

555.8 hp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevy2g3

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2011
Fountain, Colorado
Just came back from revolutions performance dyno and I made 555.8 hp on 32 psi with my Holset hx 40 7 blade! I am so happy about this! All my work has finally paid off. BTW all the tuning was done by me

High Five Bro! That's what it's all about, all that time and money! Epic results did you happen to get a vid of it on the dyno?

High Five Bro! That's what it's all about, all that time and money! Epic results did you happen to get a vid of it on the dyno?

Unfortunately no. I was in the passenger seat logging the run. My wife was there and she said it was super loud and scary: though.thumb: Good thing is I still have so much room to grow on this set up. All I need is a higher psi wastegate spring and thicker front mount and I can turn the boost up to 40!

Wow dude thats awesome, you must feel great! Congrats!!! How does 555 hp feel like =D

What exhaust housing and manifold? Is there a reason that power peaks and kinda drops off even though boost doesn't taper off? Do you have a smim? Great numbers still!!!

What exhaust housing and manifold? Is there a reason that power peaks and kinda drops off even though boost doesn't taper off? Do you have a smim? Great numbers still!!!

Honestly I'm not sure. I do not have a smim so maybe that's the case. The car wasn't pulling timing nor was I running out of fuel. The turbine side is .63 a/r.

Cool stuff man! I'd love to see that car in person.

As for some of the dudes down at Revolutions.... :rolleyes:
Let's just say it's a good thing you tuned your own car.

I think a smim and either a .70 or machined .82 housing, along with some kelford or gsc cams would eliminate that drop in power up top and get you to that 650 mark.

nice work, if you're anywhere near the elevation of denver then that's a great set of numbers, I remember my supercharged t-bird dropped like 4 psi and lots of power going from omaha to there, even after putting on the smaller pulley and belt it was slower than stock, but at least turbos, go by psi to wastegate and not rotaion of pulley speed to regulate booost,

are those numbers corrected or uncorrected??

nice work, if you're anywhere near the elevation of denver then that's a great set of numbers, I remember my supercharged t-bird dropped like 4 psi and lots of power going from omaha to there, even after putting on the smaller pulley and belt it was slower than stock, but at least turbos, go by psi to wastegate and not rotaion of pulley speed to regulate booost,

are those numbers corrected or uncorrected??

These are uncorrected numbers. Colorado springs is actually higher in elevation than Denver (5020ish vs 6035).

I think a smim and either a .70 or machined .82 housing, along with some kelford or gsc cams would eliminate that drop in power up top and get you to that 650 mark.

A skim is on my list of things to buy. That kind of throttle body should I get for it? .70 and bigger turbine housings aren't really recommended at this high of elevation due to the extreme amount of lag it would produce. When I move to AZ I might look into it though.

Thats awesome:thumb:

If you get a chance please take a look at my log I need help tuning
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/log-file-advice/442929-new-log-without-pos-maft.html

Right now bro I'm on my iPad so I can't check out your log. When I get on my laptop I will check it out and help in anyway I can. Do know I'm still a novice at tuning but there are so many tuners on this site that are way better than me.

Congrats! Are you planning on taking it to the drag strip?

Eventually, but I need to learn how to launch first. Any advice?

Cool stuff man! I'd love to see that car in person.

As for some of the dudes down at Revolutions.... :rolleyes:
Let's just say it's a good thing you tuned your own car.

I'm going cruising tonight around 9ish down powers on carefree. We should link up and get some DSMs out there:hellyeah:

Aaaaahhhhhhhh.........I didn't even realize ## location and the elevation. More than likely,that alone is the reason for the dip in power up top. Good call.

These are uncorrected numbers. Colorado springs is actually higher in elevation than Denver (5020ish vs 6035).

:

DAMN,!! well if you have any excuses for me to come help with anything the woman i'm chasing after (crazy about her) lives there and after 8 years apart we're both single again and trying to visit each other the most we can so i'll come up to tune, change oil hang out what ever!! LOL or morethan likely i'll be there in a hotel in a week or so for a few days if you need help anyway LOL

as for launching, I am on stock AWD trans now that i've made the swap and here's what i've found.. (as long as your not at the drags where you'll trigger the laser beam)

Get the RPm's up to the 2-step (mine is 4500rpm now), let the clutch to you just feel it make the car move, then let it out as fast as you can without just dumping it while putting the gas to the floor, THEN let off the 2-step. This initial release slow till feeling the car move makes the driveline pre-loaded to keep shock off it which breaks things, then holding the 2-step until the clutch is out and it's floored insures you get moving without putting the car into it's full RPM power zone while releasing the clutch and i think helps keep from smoking the clutch on launch

done right you shouldn't smell clutch, if you do it's gonna slip in 2nd/3rd if it's organic, when you can pull this off without a clutch burning smell you've got it right, took me about 6 tries over 2 days and now i can get it about every time.. in non strip situations it helps me greatly... at the stripo they might let you deep stage to make up for it but i'm not sure exact rules on deep staging and such

Nice numbers. Am I missing something though? I don't see a log or a graph.

Also what kind of gas is this on? Thanks.

graph and fuel info are in the link under his avatar with the numbers listed, e85and hx40 Whoot!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back