The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

550's on this setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenuwine4g63

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2009
Charlotte, North_Carolina
I have a 90 6bolt swap with a 16g and some rc 550's.........Now my car is runing super rich, for my high thr i figured i would drop the fuel trim by 3% across the board...I dnt have a logger or wideband yet(and it will b a while) but im working on it...Other than the 550s i have 510s. Now im a math geek at how the safc works and translates to the ecu but im still blind as far as knock and timing, but im sure if i lean it out a little it'll be better right??? I dnt have a logger or a wideband....:cry:.......the only thing i can think of is the sound of the exhaust and the feel of the car. Its only on 10pounds right now. The mbc i had jus didnt work and blew my head gasket due to overboost....ten pounds feels like the t25 in third so i know im too rich.......Any advice:sneaky:

Get a wideband/logger at the least. +/- boost/timing/fuel. Keep the knock counts way down. Keep the AFRs looking good.....can't really give any better advice until you get something to monitor your fuel with better.

I would highly recommend getting ECMLink though...but that's just me.

You can try to lean out BUT You didn't know where to Stop
Yeah , Tuning without Wideband gonna be like walking in the dark, LOL
You Have No Idea what's Going on, till You Hit something
Don't Do That Dude..,
Your Engine is much More Expensive than A wideband

get a logger first... a wideband can wait.... aim for for no knock and a steady timing curve...

recommend Mitsulogger or evoscan for logging..

I tried tuning somewhat blind for a year...it's impossible to get even a halfway decent tune. I was using EGTs and was still way off. No matter what I did, when I hit boost I'd loose all power. The only thing we can tell you is to get a wideband and logging software. You've got your base corrections but every setup is different so you'll have fluctuations from car to car.

What about the innovative wideband that has a logger and tuning software as well is this anygood?I need to get a wideband too but dont want to have to do it twice...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back